Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26,037 / Views: 1,849,402Next Topic
Page: of 1736
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2021  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does happen that way sometimes and it sure is fun when it does Congrats on a great week
Pillar of the Community
United States
2238 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, jbuck and cabowabo. These past three days will definitely be hard to top.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2021  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked these up on Friday a few more for the stack.
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Picked these up on Friday a few more for the stack.
Nice little mix.
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  10:08 am  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, nice score. Do you think most folks tend to sell these finds, hoard them, or a split of keeping the most valuable and selling the rest?

Trying to decide on an approach I can afford!

Thanks and stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been thinking about selling for a while now. Price of silver is very good now I don't want to get greedy and possibly wait to long. I have been very lucky/fortunate and accumulated a good amount of silver over the last few years. I don't want this to come out the wrong way but it's just taking up way to much room. Might as well grab some profits soon.
Pillar of the Community
United States
811 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2021  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add berto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@cabowabo, I believe silver price will increase a bit more when the $1.9T covid assistance bill is passed, so you may want to hold awhile longer...Also, consider converting to gold, platinum and/or rhodium given these metals take up much less space per $ value :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2021  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice berto. Got these yesterday at a bank I have been going to for a few years and never even one silver. Well I guess they made up for it. The teller had 2 rolls that resulted in 1 W.L., 3 Ben's, 5 90% and 8 40%.
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2021  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got these yesterday at a bank I have been going to for a few years and never even one silver. Well I guess they made up for it.
A Walker!? Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1650 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2021  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cabo and John77 awesome scores. I didn't search last week due to a trip I had planed. So this week I searched 16 Boxes and scored 16 pieces of silver out of 5 of the 16 boxes. I pulled 6-90%ers and 10-40%ers, plus 1-NIFC. Here are they are, 1-43 walker, 2-45 Walkers, 1-58D Bennie and 1-63D Bennie, and 1-64 Kennedy. 1-65, 7-67, 1-68, and 1-69. The NIFC is a 11P. A very nice week. Wishing you all the best of luck. Hope you all score silver.

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
02/18/2021 10:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2238 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2021  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Got these yesterday at a bank I have been going to for a few years and never even one silver. Well I guess they made up for it. The teller had 2 rolls that resulted in 1 W.L., 3 Ben's, 5 90% and 8 40%.

Funny how that happens sometimes. Great score, cabowabo!

Quote:
Cabo and John77 awesome scores.

Thanks, arby96, and nice job with your boxes! Love to see those Walkers and Bennies!
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2658 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  12:28 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up $60 from my Chase bank and gave the teller $100 bill. She asked if I want coin for the $40 change? I said, not unless you have big dollars. (I always ask, they never have)
Another teller calls out. "I have $20 of big dollars" and indeed produces a brown paper roll.
I wish this were a post of how I got a roll of Morgan dollars or even Peace dollars, but it's not. What I did get was one single 1971 S 40% silver Ike.
Still a very rare occurrence.

Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice scores arby and Big Silver congrats
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wish this were a post of how I got a roll of Morgan dollars or even Peace dollars, but it's not. What I did get was one single 1971 S 40% silver Ike.
Even better, if you ask me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2658 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ha JBuck. I was thinking about you when it happened.
Page: of 1736 Previous TopicReplies: 26,037 / Views: 1,849,402Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05