Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26,108 / Views: 1,867,391Next Topic
Page: of 1741
Pillar of the Community
United States
2344 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's funny!
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
She also told me the Fed Guys who pick up coin, said Thank God I retired from halve dollars.
Pillar of the Community
United States
661 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2021  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have not been hunting much lately. The few times I have looked around it has been extremely slow. It has been difficult to find any halves at banks. This is the slowest I have seen it in the last few years. Yesterday had some luck got this group from a couple if stops. Hopefully the tide will start to turn.
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2021  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yesterday had some luck got this group from a couple if stops.
Excellent!

Quote:
Hopefully the tide will start to turn.
I hope the best. Keep at it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2344 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2021  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's still a good find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
661 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went out hunting on Friday nothing doing at all. Stop at one of my favorite Pizza joints fot lunch. It just so happens I have a bank a couple of doors away. Go in teller says your so lucky I do have a few halves. She pulls out an envelope with $21.50 in halves. She then starts counting them I see quite a few Walkers. I always get nervous when this happens thinking they are going to say wait a minute I'll take these. She just counts them and hands them to me with a very nice smile and Thank You. Needless to say I was very excited with this haul but am still amazed that someone would just drop these at the bank for face. Final tally 22 Walkers, 10 Ben's and 2 JFK 90%. Not a 40% in the group. Just crazy.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  10:10 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HUGE score. Congrats.
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1706 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cabo, Wow fantastic couple of scores, specially the walkers and Bennies.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thomas21w to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My friend and I just started half dollar roll hunting. First five boxes were pretty lucrative. However we just hit box 6 and it was a haul

25 hits.
12 NIfC
10 silvers (all JFK),
1 87
1 70
1 86 commemorative

Box 6
21 hits
2 NIFC
15 silvers JFK
2 87
1 walking liberty
1 91 S

I must say I enjoyed the quarter hunting for the dubbies, but I think the quickness you can do a box of halves plus the hits make this a bit more enjoyable! Happy hunting.
Valued Member
United States
448 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing finds everyone; good job on finding the 1970 half dollar Thomas21w. Also the 1986 commemorative is cool.
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My friend and I just started half dollar roll hunting. First five boxes were pretty lucrative. However we just hit box 6 and it was a haul
Very nice!
32 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Robby Bee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You were overdue for a score - that's a great one!

I wonder if these tellers think it's an every day occurrence that someone would drop off close to 2 rolls worth of 90% silver coins - especially those where many of the coins are 80 years or older. Unbelievable, though the 40% Monster Box you got a few months ago still stuns me. Haven't got one of those yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2344 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I finally found a bank that had a roll of customer wrapped half and it din not contain anything to good. I'll try to find some more halfs though.
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
Page: of 1741 Previous TopicReplies: 26,108 / Views: 1,867,391Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05