Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 26,165 / Views: 1,873,645Next Topic
Page: of 1745
Learn More...
United States
104754 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well the grind continues got these on my last stop yesterday and I made quite a few.
Nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
821 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add berto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@cabowabo, my local "order bank" is not allowing me to order coins because of the lack of normal coin circulation right now. Based on what I have seen, fewer folks are depositing coins (this includes halves) at banks in my area, so the reaction of my main "order bank" (to not order coins for me) makes sense.

I have an excellent relationship with the head teller at my main order bank. In the past, she would ALWAYS order me whatever coins I wanted, with no limit, but she recently told me she cannot order for me right now because coins are not circulating as they usually do. She told me as a result of the abnormal coin circulation, the local Fed contract carrier (Loomis) is significantly limiting coin orders. She can order only for business account holders right now, and only in limited quantities.

Another bank I occasionally order from has provided me with only 2018-D halves in a seemingly unlimited supply. They do not use Loomis.

I have stopped ordering coins for now, and only rarely make special trips to ask banks for their halves and large dollar coins because it has not been fruitful for months...This too shall pass.
Edited by berto
09/03/2021 1:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too bad about the coin shortage. I don't see brinks having it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
666 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Berto I appreciate the insight makes sense Thank You> I did go hunting yesterday no luck.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2368 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  02:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

She told me as a result of the abnormal coin circulation, the local Fed contract carrier (Loomis) is significantly limiting coin orders.

Too bad about the coin shortage. I don't see brinks having it.

Something one of the banks I dump told me a possible reason for this. When they get rolled coin from customers, they keep them and give them back out... but when they get bagged coins, they're usually required to ship the coins off. My best guess is that these bags go to the main central deposit point and Brinks is the only vendor with access. This is just a theory, but it would explain why I usually have no problem getting coins from Wells Fargo (the only Brinks-affiliated bank in my area), but almost every other bank is a problem. Garda, in addition to Loomis, also services banks in my area.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1725 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats Webekin and Cabo on your finds. This coin shortage is messing with us all. Its silly to think if should affect half dollars, not many people use them on a daily basis. Here in my town halves are not the issue and are easy to get. I just might have to start up again just to get me some 2021's. I have searched a couple of boxes since I started searching for W's in quarters. Those halve boxes, were left overs from someone else's order and I was just lucky to get them, unfortunately no 2021's were found. Webekin Please PM me. Thanks
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
United States
909 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  08:05 am  Show Profile   Check bishftl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bishftl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't remember the last time I posted, it's been years.
Was pretty much forced to quit half searching because
some local was buying $15,000 in boxes and dumping
them back to the same bank, my bank, after deciding that
spray painting the coins would help his search efforts.
(Dumbest idea ever). Of course this doesn't work because
the armored service knows the coins are coming in from
roll hunters so they will rewrap and send out the same spray
painted crap every time. They go out of their way to make sure
this happens.

Must be at least 5 years since I've ordered half boxes, and
i am very friendly with the manager there. I assured her that
she would not get a single coin back from me ever. I got lucky
and found a nearby establishment that has a FREE coin machine.
So she is thankful for that. Anyways she has no problem ordering
me up to 10 boxes at a time, so here we go again.

I started with 8 boxes this week and came up with
only a '68 and '64. On top of those I pulled 7 full rolls of
perfect gem 2021d's and a couple rolls of 2018d's. As a bonus
i found 17 flawless gems between 1972-1996. I mean as fresh as
new mint rolls flawless. I know they are getting coins from the mint to help with the "coin shortage" but could they possibly be adding old mint sets as well? These came from unopened mint sets
or someones collection dump, either way I am stoked to get back
in the hunt, and silver is not the only treasure out there now.

Don't have a good camera setup but am working on that right now.
Will be posting pics soon, I hope.

BTW, anyone needing 2021d's I am always open for trades. Needing
2018p's and a couple other things. Good references from members if needed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
909 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Check bishftl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bishftl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4 boxes today.

Here's the 2021d Enders from the 1st box.

Ended up with 14 full gem rolls of 2021d.
Again no silver. A couple bu proofs and a
roll of misc gems.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still something.
Pillar of the Community
United States
666 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Made an effort last Tuesday only one bank produced and has in the past. Teller had $90 in halves. Every roll had between 2 and 8 silvers and 5 of the rolls had 7s and 8s. The only thing a little strange no 90%. I,ll take it.

Valued Member
United States
463 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds everyone!
Learn More...
United States
104754 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's the 2021d Enders from the 1st box.

Quote:
Made an effort last Tuesday only one bank produced and has in the past. Teller had $90 in halves. Every roll had between 2 and 8 silvers and 5 of the rolls had 7s and 8s. The only thing a little strange no 90%. I,ll take it.
Fantastic!
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thomas21w to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My buddy and I have been getting 2 boxes a week for a couple months and we've gone through around 30 boxes. We've had two legit boxes with about 20 silvers each. But what we just experienced this past week was mind blowing. We got 2 boxes at once, each box at 50 silvers, with each box having 40 bennies a piece. We hit every year but 48/55 (not surprising). I know this is uncommon but has anyone else had a haul like this? Needless to say we're going to continue to hunt. The half dollar hunt has by far been the most fruitful for us.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That amount of silver is crazy. Gotten any barbers yet?
Page: of 1745 Replies: 26,165 / Views: 1,873,645Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05