Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26,532 / Views: 1,923,105Next Topic
Page: of 1769
Pillar of the Community
United States
730 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2021  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had a bit of good luck yesterday. Stopped at a bank teller has 4 rolls. Opened first one all clad, next 3 solid silver. Very nice surprise. This bank is now on my frequent flyer list for a little while.
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2021  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bulldawg714 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice score!!
Valued Member
United States
355 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2021  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a nice score of silver!

I got a question for y'all. I got six rolls from my bank yesterday and they were solid NIFC halves. Should I keep them? Try to sell and make a little? I have all the dates already.
Learn More...
United States
112406 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2021  12:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Had a bit of good luck yesterday. Stopped at a bank teller has 4 rolls. Opened first one all clad, next 3 solid silver. Very nice surprise. This bank is now on my frequent flyer list for a little while.
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
730 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back at it again on Friday made some stops 1 Ben and 20 40%.
Learn More...
United States
112406 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2021  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Back at it again on Friday made some stops 1 Ben and 20 40%.
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1809 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2021  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cabo, Bishftl awesome scores. Man I miss finding that silver. I picked up a box yesterday and skunked. I was hoping for some more 2021's, no luck on those either. Enjoy seeing the photos of all that beautiful silver. Thank you for sharing.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2021  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsr12010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thought I would try me hand at half dollar roll hunting, I did a little bit of hunting back in the early 1980's and had some success here and there but it all seemed to dry up when we had a big silver boom and everyone was looking for silver and there were constant ads in the newspaper buying up these coins. I bought some bank rolls over the past 10-15 years, maybe $300 per year when the banks had them and I found some silver here and there. I never knew I could order roll boxes from my bank so I ordered 4 boxes and went through them, found a few NIFC and one proof. The rolls are from Loomis, I think there was some speculation that Loomis was checking for silver. I have 4 cases a week coming for the next 12 weeks so we'll see if that's true!

Learn More...
United States
112406 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2421 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2021  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds, all!

Quote:
I got a question for y'all. I got six rolls from my bank yesterday and they were solid NIFC halves. Should I keep them? Try to sell and make a little? I have all the dates already.

Unless they're the ubiquitous 2018-D coins, probably yes, jason39305.

Otherwise, it also depends on the dates of the coins and if they're just random rolls of NIFCs or the ones the government sells. I lucked upon a few of the government sold ones several months ago and was able to make quite a nice profit on them on eBay.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Pillar of the Community
United States
730 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2021  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Go into one of my local banks last Tuesday teller usually doesn't have any halves. Surprises me with a few rolls. Before I leave she says she has 2 loose halves if I want them also and puts 2 1942s on the counter. All the other silver came from one roll.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2421 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2021  01:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, cabowabo! You've been cleaning up this month! Nice job!!!
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1078 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2021  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing!

I've gone 7+ boxes of halves in a row without silver.
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My IS Type Set: http://goccf.com/t/411655
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
My Ebay Store: https://www.ebay.com/usr/coinhunter...047675.l2559
ANA # 3204217, CONECA # Y-6505
Learn More...
United States
112406 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2021  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Go into one of my local banks last Tuesday teller usually doesn't have any halves. Surprises me with a few rolls. Before I leave she says she has 2 loose halves if I want them also and puts 2 1942s on the counter. All the other silver came from one roll.
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
730 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2021  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Managed to get a few yesterday.
Page: of 1769 Previous TopicReplies: 26,532 / Views: 1,923,105Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: