Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 26,749 / Views: 1,971,895Next Topic
Page: of 1784
Valued Member
United States
450 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Barbers! That is an amazing find!!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
761 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW Hinterlander that is awsome congrats.
I went out on friday my second to last stop the teller has $60 in halves and says you are not going to bring them back are you? I assured him I would not. First of 5 rolls in the same wrappers nothing the next 4 rolls are in pic#1 18 WL, 5 Bens, 3 90% and 5 40%. The last roll was in a differebt wrapper Walker ender another 10 Walkers and 9 Bens.Total 29 Walkers, 14 Bens, 3 90% and 5 40%. It was a long day glad I stuck it out.

United States
34 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hinterlander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, great score Cabo!
Learn More...
United States
118570 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
11342 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great scores Hinterlander and cabowabo!
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2022  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsr12010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unbelievable Hinterlander and Cabo! Scoring lots of silver AND some Franklins and Walkers. The Barbers are gorgeous, nice even wear!! Isn't amazing the amount of wear on half dollars? There was a a time when they were regularly used in commerce.
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2022  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsr12010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up 4 boxes last Monday and 4 boxes on Thursday, skipped the prior week and had an extra 4 boxes. I had (7) skunk boxes but one box has (6) silvers...(3) 90% and (3) 40%. The box with silver had an ender and one roll had TWO silvers which is always nice.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1945 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2022  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hinterlander and Cabo awesome scores, I searched 2 bags and 2 boxes of half dollars and almost embarrassed to share photos after your finds. I have search over 2 million dollars in halves and only found two Barbers and no seated liberties. I wonder how long have you Hinterlander been searching half dollars? Congrats on those Barbers. So I did get 7 pieces of silver. 2-Bennies 1-54D, 1-60D, 1-64D Kennedy, plus 4-40%ers, 1-66, and 3-67's. Boy do I miss scores like Cabo and Hinterlander. Just have to keep at it.

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
08/24/2022 9:07 pm
Learn More...
United States
118570 Posts
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2022  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsr12010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice finds Arby!
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2022  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hinterlander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Arby96. I have been CRHing for 9 months. Up until recently I was hunting 6 boxes of halves a week, so I'm at about $110K hunted so far. I would have never thought in my wildest dreams that I would ever find a Barber, let alone three of them, in a lifetime, but certainly not in the first year. But thinking about the way the economy is right now, I think that unfortunately some folks, especially seniors, are doing everything they can to make ends meet. It's too bad that they didn't know that they could have gotten close to 40 times face or more for each of them. I live near a large retirement area and I have been getting a lot of older coins recently. I picked up a mixed box of customer wrapped/bank wrapped nickels from the same bank that I got these from last week and found 12 Buffalos and 5 War Nickels in a couple of rolls. I also got some rolls of quarters along with these halves and found a full set of gold plated holographic state/territory/national park quarters and 8 rolls of BU state/territory/national parks quarters. Most of them were amber toned, so I'm sure that they were freshly pulled from an album and rolled up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1945 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2022  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hinterlander, that is fantastic finding those barbers so soon. Shoot I have searched over 2 Million Dollars in halves over the past 9 years and pulling two Barbers. So its possible that you will come across more down the road. I hope you hit a box or two of 250 or more silver pieces. That has happened to me twice. So if you get a box with a dozen or more enders be ready for an awesome score. Me wish you well on your CRH endeavor. Good Luck.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
United States
822 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2022  02:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trapper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up 10 boxes Thursday all 10 boxes were solid 2022 D
Kennedy halves.
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2022  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hinterlander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Arby, 250 would be awesome! My best box so far was 63 - 40 percenters, without a single ender. Enders scare me, I had a box with a Franklin and Walker enders and those were the only two silvers in the box. You get your hopes up only to have them crushed. Lol. It's funny the things you see in this hobby. But for now I'm just hoping to be able to get a box sometime soon.
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2022  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hinterlander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tough break Trapper. I went through that about 6 months ago. But maybe if they're releasing 2022s again that means they're increasing the supply and some of us who live further downstream from the federal reserve banks will start seeing boxes again.
Page: of 1784 Replies: 26,749 / Views: 1,971,895Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: