Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 26,701 / Views: 1,954,475Next Topic
Page: of 1781
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsr12010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds, Cabo! Many 90%-ers in the mix, too!
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsr12010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Arby: nice finds! Always nice to see a Ben and every date 1964 - 1969, too. Some nice NIFC's, too!! Question can you tell the difference between the Satin Finish NIFC's and the BU versions? I've been trying, it's a subtle difference.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1916 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  01:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GSR Think of it as more of a Matte Finish than a satin finish. I will try to locate the ones I found they are in a large bag and need to locate them. It may take me awhile. When their side by side you can tell.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hello all, its been a while since I have posted. Picked up 2 $1000 bags of half dollars, plus 3 boxes. The one bag produced 6 pieces of silver and 3 of the three boxes produced 4 silver pieces. Also pulled a few NIFC halves, some 20,21, and 22 halves...
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
753 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats arby nice score. On wednesday go to a couple of banks first one $100 in halves nothing, second bank which usually produces silver each teller has $5 in halves. As she is counting I hear that sound. She then takes the halves from the other teller more music. As this is happening anothe bank employee is standing over us and watching. Now the teller counts everything again it's like an alarm going off. I suspect the fellow watching is aware of what is happening. My paranoia is taking over.I pay and take the coins an he says SCORE. It will be interesting to see if I can continue to pull silver from this bankI
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
On wednesday go to a couple of banks first one $100 in halves nothing, second bank which usually produces silver each teller has $5 in halves. As she is counting I hear that sound. She then takes the halves from the other teller more music...
Fantastic!
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsr12010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the info on satin finish, Arby, and yes, would be great to see a compare. I think I can tell the difference but would be good to see a compare. I also tend to notice that the satins are usually cleaner, less handling and marks.
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsr12010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds, Cabo! That was funny that the one banker seemed to be on to the silver. Once you get familiar with the clink of silver, it's unmistakable.
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsr12010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had a few tough weeks, 35+ skunk boxes with no silver and only 3 or 4 beat up clad proofs. Luck turned with the (4) boxes I picked up Friday, all 4 boxes had silver and the final tally was (24) 40%, (4) 90% including one Walker and one Ben, and also (4) nice clad proofs!

Edited by gsr12010
09/26/2022 9:07 pm
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsr12010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
753 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cabowabo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a very nice haul GSR congrats
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1162 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are those all clad? Obviously the '87 is but what about the other three?
Valued Member
United States
444 Posts
 Posted Today  4H 27M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Webekin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I get 2 boxes on Monday, box 1 nothing but a few NIFC.
Box 2 on the other hand, had 5 '64, 1 '66, 3 '67, 2 '68, 1 '69.
Also stopped at another bank, they had 30 rolls, Loomis, no silver, several NIFC.

Silver 2.843 OZ. not bad for me.
Webekin
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted Today  3H 41M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsr12010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks everyone, pure luck on those 4 boxes. This week, picked up 6 boxes, only (1) 40% silver and a clad proof.
Page: of 1781 Replies: 26,701 / Views: 1,954,475Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: