Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 1689
Pillar of the Community
967 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2009  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add still lookin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To date this year

Half Dollars searched: 27,300
Walking Liberty half: 19
Ben Franklin half: 20
90% Kennedy half: 44
40% Kennedy half: 295
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2009  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Starman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to know if brinks boxes tend to have better coins than Fed boxes because I ordered a fed box of halves today, and I'm wondering if I should get brinks instead.
Pillar of the Community
967 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2009  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add still lookin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably about the same around here. I usually get the fed box. I have a more difficult time finding a bank to order brinks.
Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2009  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Maine_Jim to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My year to date seems to be slowing on returns but not complaining -
Searched - 153,000 coins
Bens - 27
Walkers - 32
90% - 92
40% - 409

Maine_Jim
Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2009  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cole317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is was my first try at halfs, about $30 Is anything in here good?
71D-5
72D-4
72P-2
73D-3
74D-2
74P-2
76D-3
76P-1
77D-3
77P-1
84D-1
86D-2
88P-1
88D-1
89D-2
90D-1
92P-1
93D-2
94D-2
94P-1
95D-4
96D-2
97D-1
98D-2
99D-1
00P-4
01P-3
Pillar of the Community
United States
4518 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2009  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
COle
you can check your 74-D for the doubled die.
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2009  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ric-san to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im new to the site, didnt realize there was a seperate half crh section. I had read about this and decided to give it a try here is what I have gotten since Christmas Day of 2008

To date this year

Half Dollars searched: 7,940
Walking Liberty half: 0
Ben Franklin half: 2
90% Kennedy half: 6
40% Kennedy half: 83

Some notable finds: 1974D double die, 2003, 2005, 2008, 1987p mint collector release only and a 1991 s proof coin. My credit union orders me two boxes twice a month to take care of my CRH Fix'...

Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2009  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norseman012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today was not a very good happy dance day out of 10 rolls I found only one 40% silver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1007 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2009  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matchbox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At first I decided not to get into collecting Kennedy halves, but the bug bit me and after buying a couple of coin folders. I had just a few Kennedy halves to start and didn't know how to go about getting the folders filled. The only problem is the rarity of the 50˘ pieces; where to get them at face value. I stopped at my local bank this morning only to get the brush-off by a fast talking head teller who told me about "popping a bag" and I might be able to go through them in 6 months or so, and I wasn't even sure what she was talking about. I could tell she wasn't interested in helping me out so I left.

I was a little discouraged so I went home. There's a smaller local bank near my house I phoned and spoke with the head teller about my search for Kennedy halves. She told me to come over to the bank and I could look through a large bag she had opened. Upon my arrival to the bank, she sat me in a room, dumped a bag of Kennedy halves on a table and allowed me to take my time looking through them. I brought along my want list and magnifying glass and spent the better part of a couple of hours going through this pile. I went from having just a few to needing just a few! I still can't believe a bank would do that. She poked her head into the room a couple of times and asked if I was alright and if I needed any help.

She told me I should have been here a couple of weeks ago because she bagged up a thousand dollars worth of Halves and shipped them off to Minneapolis. She also informed me to come back in in a month or two and she will let me go through whatever the bank has then.

There weren't any silver pre- '71's, but I managed to almost fill up my folders and get a few extras. Talk about making my day, and I don't think I've ever seen so many half-dollars in one place before.

Ken

Edited by matchbox
03/16/2009 5:00 pm
Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2009  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norseman012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
COOOOOLLLLLLL BEANS YOUR BANK LET YOU DO THAT WOW
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2009  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday's box had a 2006 and a 1969, and a 1992P that is perhaps in the best condition I have ever seen a JFK half while roll hunting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2547 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2009  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mycrob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maine_Jim: You searched 153,000 halves from Jan to now? How in the world do you do that kind of volume. PHEW!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2009  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4 boxes a day is quite impressive
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2009  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sparhawk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Took a couple of months off from looking for halves...but this month...I'm back at it. Hope my bank is as accommodating...
Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2009  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Maine_Jim to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's more like 2.5 boxes a day - I have about five source banks and a GREAT DUMP BANK! I have one bank that will order 4k a week and others that do 2k and some 1k sources. Rotate them all and dump 5k at a time in bags and it is not that hard. Takes about 15 minutes a box for searching. I can identify most proofs by rim searching and I got enough Double Dates and no "FG"s coins to fill my books. I both collect coins and add to the old silver total. Lately my CRH numbers are declining on boxes and I even bought my 1st collection. Picked up $72 in silver from a Craig's List ad along with some other cool classic coins for a good price. I may start searching this source a bit more. Got a great mix of silver along with some old copper coins. Even got some Chinese coins that I'm guessing are counterfeit. Makes me realize how much fun it must be to work in a coin shop though not sure I could handle the stress of buying coins with all the counterfeits starting to appear.

Maine_Jim
Page: of 1689 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05