Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

United States Mint Opens Sales For 2015 March Of Dimes Special Silver Set On May 4

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 51
Pillar of the Community
United States
1247 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stampvirgin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
interesting that graded 69's aren't selling for much more than ungraded sets.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2759 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For modern coins, that's the trend.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Learn More...
United States
84228 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree. For those who care, a 69 is the every-set. The 70 is the premium set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3644 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 4th xtra set I ordered opening day just shipped-i opened the box of 3 I originally got so I'm thinking ill send this unopend box in-wont get early release label but I'm ok with that-ill have to be lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
4826 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
i opened the box of 3 I originally got so I'm thinking ill send this unopend box in-wont get early release label but I'm ok with that-ill have to be lol

No reason at all not to open it before sending it in...kinda makes more sense
Pillar of the Community
United States
4826 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
interesting that graded 69's aren't selling for much more than ungraded sets.

Kind of correct...the last 69 NGC set sold for $130.50 ( PCGS $147.50) and the last raw sold for $106.09....but.....

the point of submitting your coins for grading is NOT to get 69 graded coins but to get some 70 graded coins which DO sell for a tad more than raw sets....I ended up with six 70 sets out of my 10 set submission (minus 2 PF's which I bought after the fact)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3644 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was just re thinking that and come back on here to see you posted the exact same thought I had after looking on ebay just now
Pillar of the Community
United States
1474 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Based on 3 of the 5 dollars I received having milky white reverses, I'd definitely look before sending them in.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3644 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just cant get a mint set label on the dollar,correct?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3644 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you open it first?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1474 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2015  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can't get the March of Dimes Special Set label on the dollar if you open it first.
Learn More...
United States
14316 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2015  12:44 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my order is still showing backordered
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
4826 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2015  06:58 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just cant get a mint set label on the dollar,correct?

The dollar isn't the play here...it's all about the dimes. Raw out of the set dollars are selling for less than $35 and the potential MS/PF mintage of 500,000 won't help their value.

The only issue is if you send in the dimes your "set" is toast. If I was thinking about sending open stuff in I would see if the RP's are decent looking and just send those...

I have 3 sets on backorder and will most likely keep them intact (opened). I have my six 70 sets which exceeded my expectations.
Edited by Foxwoods Man
06/10/2015 07:01 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3644 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2015  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good advice...interesting Coin World says all 75k sets were sold in app. 28,000 transactions and 55,400 have been shipped as of june11
Pillar of the Community
United States
5053 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2015  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just got shipment notification on the other sets I ordered when they reopened sales the second time.

Hopefully this doesn't crash the secondary market price
Page: of 51 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05