Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Introducing Myself

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
174 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2007  5:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gussyboy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My dad passed away and left several boxes of his amateur coin/currancy collection. My oldest brother and I divided it up ( no one else was interested)and then promptly we both put it away in our closets--mine in Illinois and his in California. We kept talking about getting it out and maybe selling odds and ends of it--better than sitting away in the closet--besides we both could use the money. Well, I got mine out and started separating nickels from one cent pieces, etc and decided I needed a book to tell me what all this was--then somewhere in the boxes must have been that BUG--it bit me and now here I am! My husband is even looking at pennies, etc before he hands them over to grocery cashier, etc. We look at each other and laugh! My dad, I'm sure, is enjoying this! Well, I called my "Big brother" last night and we started talking and low and behold he's diving in head first researching this and that! I became frustrated with not knowing who I could ask about these pieces of history! I found you all--thank goodness!

Gussyboy (that's my Basset who thinks I'm his Mom)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2073 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2007  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WELCOME Gussyboy1! This is a great place to hang out and share the coin bug. People here are mighty friendly so just post some pictures and start asking questions.
Valued Member
United States
174 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2007  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! I am already amazed about the folks I've been learning from by reading their info and replies!
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2007  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justjimrob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome! Enjoy and learn.

Jim
Pillar of the Community
United States
2761 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2007  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeatedNut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Howdy from just up the road (I-64, exit 19). You'll learn a lot here.
Valued Member
Philippines
156 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2007  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crzy3by to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2007  08:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ken_3567 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Gussyboy1,

Sorry to hear about your Dad . But it was very cool he left you something special and even neater that you decided to not sell the collection but continue where he left off. I'm sure everyone here will help you as we have all been in your position at least once in our lives.
Edited by Ken_3567
12/23/2007 10:49 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05