Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Wood Grain Toning Collectors? - Post Yours!

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 375 / Views: 40,616Next Topic
Page: of 25
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16109 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2020  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1920 UK.
Half Penny- George V.

(Coin#2)
Learn More...
United States
91230 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16109 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2020  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

1912 Canada.
One cent.

Learn More...
United States
91230 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16109 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2020  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1919 UK.
1 Farthing- George V.

Learn More...
United States
91230 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16109 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2020  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
91230 Posts
Valued Member
United Kingdom
399 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2020  06:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1915 Recessed ear Penny appears on both years 1915 and 1916 . Tell tail sign is the tooth after the 2nd T of BRITT has either a broken tooth or the edge of the tooth broken.1915 much scarcer than 1916

Pillar of the Community
United States
1649 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2020  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't remember if I posted this LWC on this thread before, but if so here it is again (found in a CoinStar return):

I have a few much nicer, but this one always sticks out because of where I found it.
Learn More...
United States
91230 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2020  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have a few much nicer, but this one always sticks out because of where I found it.
Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2020  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add daltonista to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What we have here looks like woodgrain at the molecular level, or at least baked into the piece's metallurgical composition.

This is a manorial token, not quite halfpenny size, issued by John Harvey of Dane Court, Tilmanstone, Kent, England, ca. 1720-1750.*

* No one catalogues these things in any detail, apparently, although I have stumbled across this one in a couple of numismatics tomes, like Batty (1877), but it's always strictly descriptive, without attribution. I'm assigning a confidence level of .85 to my attribution, based on my own research into all sorts of relevant primary sources: heraldry references, genealogical databases, land ownership records, etc., and don't forget the initials on the token itself.

Please follow up with a reply if you have further clues, a reference work in which it appears, or the same token...or if you just like the wood look.

Thanks, everybody, and wash your hands!
Tom

"I ain't good-looking, but I'm willing to try."
--- Dave "Snaker" Ray: 'It's All Right,' 1963
Learn More...
United States
91230 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21548 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2020  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Prussia 1852-A 2 Pfennig

Learn More...
United States
91230 Posts
Page: of 25 Previous TopicReplies: 375 / Views: 40,616Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05