Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Sunday Market Finds

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 940 / Views: 89,518Next Topic
Page: of 63
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
1051 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2015  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add X2an to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today was great for one reason only: more than +10*C in the air (for you Farenheit speaking people, that's 50*+) in late December! No snow for this year

Other than that, it started out well when I found a 2009 Peruvian Nuevo sol at the bus/metro station. But when I got to the market, there weren't many coins to be found. I did succeed in getting a 5 RM note from Nazi Germany, 1942 (another one), 1 D-mark, West Germany 1977 and 5 Dinara from Serbia, 2003. All for 10 SEK. Many people were selling their Xmas stuff, hopefully that's all gone next week. Anyway, here are today's pictures:

Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2015  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you had a good day -- found a free coin, nice weather and a few decent finds at the market -- I'd be plenty happy with that.

Thanks for the pics.
Pillar of the Community
United States
500 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2015  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfusion to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pick ups for sure!
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2015  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad it was a nice day and that you have some very nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
1051 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2015  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add X2an to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The weather forecast today was snow later in the afternoon, but some people thought selling their stuff today was a good idea. As for the snow bit, it started snowing at about 5 PM today and now everything's covered in this white mould

It's the day after all holiday festivities, and a sunday, I was shocked about how few people were outside today. Reaching the inner city people started showing up but on the metro to the market I was (almost) the only one on the train. Felt incredibly strange.

As for today's finds, although there weren't many to find (again), I did find some (as per usual). Today's batch cost me 25 SEK and consisted of 2 banknotes and 5 coins.

The two banknotes:
10 000 Rubles, Russia series 1995 (this issue has identical size and design as the "current" 10 Ruble banknote)
100 000 Rubles, Belarus, series 1995

And the coins;
25 Íre, Sweden 1955, silver
25 Aurar, Iceland 1923 (with glue? on the obv.)
Ż Dirham, Morocco 2002
50 Feninga, Bosnia and Herzegovina 1998
20 Cents, Australia 2007

Let's see how next week turns out!
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2547 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2015  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen the coinage of Bosnia & Hertzegovina before so that is a new one on me... I always read this thread to see how you have got on. Most interesting to see how your money box gambles turn out.

Keep up the good work.
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2015  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I, too, look forward to seeing the new stuff.
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
1051 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2016  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add X2an to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, today settled and done with. Not much again, but "'tis the season". The snow has settled but the weather was otherwise calm. Some sellers were there and this is what I found:

10 Cents note from Hong Kong. This tiny note does not have a backside. I didn't have a note featuring George the sixth before, always something new.
1/4 Skilling, Sweden 182drill hole, I'm guessing 1825.
5 Centesimo, Italy 1925
2 ěre, Denmark 1912.

Everything for 13 SEK. A tiny expense I won't consider from my coin budget
Edited by X2an
01/03/2016 2:19 pm
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2016  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You found some really old money! Nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3177 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2016  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very cool, keep it up! Do you find that there are many old US coins for sale there?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1345 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2016  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ArrowsAndRays to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoy your Sunday market stories - thanks for sharing your finds with us!
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
1051 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2016  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add X2an to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Occationally I find older US coins, but they're not common. I usually go though baskets, trays, jars or anything to put coins in to find coins I'm interested in, so being US coins. Occationally I find some, but it's more common I don't. This applies to Wheat Cents, although they're considerably more common.

During the warmer Sundays I have found people selling more exclusively coins, and very often there are US coins, although more collector's issues. I have bought some US silver half dollars but that was before I started this thread. Other than that there's the occational IHC or silver dime, but those are good days.

As for all of you, thank you for showing interest! One of the reasons I kept visiting CCF in the first place was to read all of the stories people post, including CRHing and circulation finds. With this thread I figured I could do the same
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2016  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As for all of you, thank you for showing interest! One of the reasons I kept visiting CCF in the first place was to read all of the stories people post, including CRHing and circulation finds. With this thread I figured I could do the same
I think you are doing a fine job.
Valued Member
Belgium
464 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2016  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dohcollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
he is doing a fine job!
i look out every week if you scored or not and most of the time you do ...then I go around and recalculate SEK to Euro and boy sometimes you have great deals !

Nhow keep up the good work
Page: of 63 Previous TopicReplies: 940 / Views: 89,518Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05