Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Discouraged Sellers

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2081 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2007  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
yechi7-
When you go to "Read Feedback Comments," is there a fast way to only see the negative comments without having to scan through all the pages?

You can do this at http://toolhaus.org
It worked just now for me when I typed in "ernie".
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2081 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2007  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
ernie -- I've never bought anything from this guy. I am boycotting ernie until he stops overgrading his coins. I also won't consider joining the ANA until ernie stops overgrading his coins, as ernie claims to be an ANA member. If I were in charge of the ANA I would send ernie a copy of Photograde and ask him to stick to it or get out. But that's just me.

-halfabustisbetter

I agree that ernie grades too high, sometimes ridiculously too high. I tend to think of him as "Mr. Sharp" since he uses "sharp" to describe many coins on ebay that are anything but sharp. It is irritating.

On the other hand, I have to give ernie some due credit. He has done a lot to promote the hobby in the Boston area. He is the promoter of the Westford and Auburn monthly coin shows. These shows are always well attended and from my perspective, as a buyer, very well run. Since I would really miss these shows if they stopped or went downhill, I felt I had put in a few good words for the guy. Keep up the good work, ernie!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1984 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2007  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfabustisbetter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate your comments about ernie, and he might be a nice guy, but since I don't live in the Bean-town area, all I have to go on is his eBay persona. We'll have to agree to disagree since even if he found a cure for cancer ernie would still appear like every other overgrading, overhyping, overpricing coin dealer on eBay--except he would have cured cancer. If you get a chance to pass along my comments to him make sure you change all the G's to F's, it's probably the only way he'll understand them.
Valued Member
United States
143 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2007  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add seth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Watch out for e.mix. Coins are okay but sticks you for $2.95 post + mandatory $1.65 insurance. Coin came stuffed (!) into a #10 envelope with $1.31 in stamps on it. No insurance.
Edited by seth
06/06/2007 12:22 pm
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20266 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2007  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
No insurance

How do you know?

Valued Member
United States
143 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2007  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add seth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. No "insured" rubber stamp on the envelope.

2. Insurance is $1.65 minimum--additional.

This was a letter envelope--long one. Postage alone was $1.31.

There were 5 stamps on the envelope totaling 1.31. No meter stickers.

Seth
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20266 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2007  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

That just means they didn't use USPS insurance. A very high percentage of eBay sellers use DSI or U-pic which doesn't allow you to mark the package insured. We send out every single coin insured, but by DSI, not USPS.

Also, self-insurance is perfectly legal in most states without a license. So in reality, the package only isn't insured until its lost and you don't get paid.

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2007  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin_man_34400 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is what happened to me:
http://www.ametro.net/~wmlvsct/1858...S641858-.htm

I have bought MANY coins on eBay and sold MANY without much problem. I also set up at shows and buy from and sell to dealers around where I live. The link above tells the story and shows the pictures and identity of the eBay seller. I am not so much worried about the money just wanted to let everyone have a heads up.
Thanks,
William
Learn More...
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2007  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Fred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First, coin_man, welcome to the forum. Plenty of expertise here and lots of willingness to share.

There are several red flags on this auction and on the seller which would have kept me from bidding. First is the 20% restocking fee. There ain't no way I'm gonna risk 20% plus S&H buying a coin sight unseen from images. Photoshopped coin images are too common and too easy to make. The second red flag is the seller's feedback score and negative feedback http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/neg...=Received+by . It's not that he has a lot of negs, but all negs he does have refer to cleaning and overgrading. And third, his shipping is excessive: a coin shipped via Priority Mail should be only $4.80 (a little higher with new postal rates, I think), not $9.99 plus insurance.

BTW, coin_man, your own feedback could use a little spiffing up also.
http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/neg...=Received+by

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2007  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin_man_34400 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Fred Stevens,
The negatives I have are from DEADBEAT bidders. I have been selling on eBay since Jan-06-99. I have had 1490 positive feedbacks and 12 negative. If I have a DEADBEAT bidder that does not pay or if I buy something and am not satisfied, I WILL LEAVE A NEGATIVE. I know a lot of people think that they will do anything to keep a perfect score. I don't. I will trade licks with anyone. If you never leave a negative then no one will ever know who is who on eBay. Before you tell me I need to SPIFF UP my feedback I think you should look at the feedback of the people who neg'd me. Most of them are either no longer registered or they have a long string of negative feedback from other sellers. They are all retaliatory feedback. If you don't know what that means, it means you can leave me a negative feedback simply because you didn't like the negative I left you because you were a deadbeat bidder or you wouldn't make your auction good for some reason. I leave appropriate feedback for ALL transactions. If everyone would do this the deadbeats would eventually get weeded out. Most people are scared to leave a negative for obvious reasons. I really DO NOT appreciate your attitude toward me.
William
Pillar of the Community
United States
1489 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2007  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shatsi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's been more than one occasion that I wasn't happy with the item but didn't leave negative feedback simply because they would do the same.
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2007  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin_man_34400 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand that but if everyone did that feedback would not work.
William
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20266 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2007  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
If everyone would do this the deadbeats would eventually get weeded out.

They will not. Negatives don't hurt a buyer one bit. Filing for your fees back will. I could have 1,000 negatives and you can't stop me from bidding on your item. But if three sellers NPB me, I won't be bidding anymore.

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2007  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin_man_34400 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually there is a blocked bidder list. King-O-Coins was added to mine 3 days ago. I often browse eBay adding bidders with questionable feedback to my Blocked Bidder List. I do agree with you though about the NPB. I have filed them every time I don't get paid on time and no arrangments were made for payment. Also there is a limit in percentage of negative that eBay will allow.
Learn More...
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2007  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Fred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I really DO NOT appreciate your attitude toward me.

Oh? William, some quotes from your responses to the negs you received:

" * OUCH ! Now heres a real NICE guy ! LOOK AT HIS FEEDBACK !! AVOID THIS GUY !!"

"We Shipped EXPRESS Mail and Even Threw in an Extra Bulb For This Jerk ! : {"

"WHAT?! Not Real?Very Real, And You Never Emailed Us!+ BEWARE THIS BAD eBAYer+"

Sounds to me like you might have attended estatedoctor's class in attack responses to neg/neut feedbacks. Put the blame on the other guy, never assume responsibility for your own mistakes and call him names while you're at it. Twelve (of 1329) eBay members negged you, all buyers. Not a very good track record. If you were selling coins, you would be on the COINAF watch list. Now that the shoe is on the other foot with you as a buyer, you find the fit is a little tight and you got ripped off. As an experienced eBayer, you should have known better. I also notice most of your recent sales auctions are "Private". At least in numismatics, this is a Big Red Flag. I think you joined this forum just to squeal on somebody else who beat you at your own game.
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05