Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015 Coin & Chronicles Set - John F. Kennedy

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 729 / Views: 45,423Next Topic
Page: of 49
Valued Member
United States
210 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2015  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the breaking it down I'm getting there,Fox thank a lot for giving me a better understanding how the key date work.Truman 16,800 to Ike's 16,812 with the audit long as Truman stay lower he will be the key date.
Pillar of the Community
United States
929 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2015  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mfhorn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Who took the time to fill out the survey from the Mint this morning. Mine went straight to the TRASH.
Pillar of the Community
United States
562 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2015  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Atlas642 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did the survey. I noted the website issues and some quality control issues (not with past Chronicles sets but with the coin and currency sets).

I also stated that I'd like to see a Ford and Nixon Chronicles set in 2016.
Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2015  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jay799 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there any word on these in 2016? Or is this way too early for them to discuss it at all?
Pillar of the Community
United States
562 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2015  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Atlas642 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I read in an article on Numismatic News that the Mint will only release a Reagan Chronicles set in 2016, but no sets for Ford or Nixon. I hope the mint changes their mind on this.

Also, the Reagan set will feature a reverse proof Reagan Presidential dollar.

The article can be read here: http://www.numismaticnews.net/artic...s-on-the-way
Pillar of the Community
United States
562 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2015  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Atlas642 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On a different note, I just placed an order on the Mint website today and got a message saying "You order is being processed. Please do not use the back arrow or refresh button." for a few seconds after clicking the place order button. Perhaps the Mint is working on the site's issues? Has anyone else noticed this?
Learn More...
United States
87600 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2015  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyone who's at their computer at 12PM Eastern should be able to pick one of these up. I predict a try, try again approach for success.
I agree. I recommend patience. Using Chrome I was able to wait out the "hangs" without reloading. Again, patience.

Quote:
I read in an article on Numismatic News that the Mint will only release a Reagan Chronicles set in 2016, but no sets for Ford or Nixon. I hope the mint changes their mind on this.
I do not think they will, but I could be wrong. My reasoning is that Nixon is still perceived (correctly or incorrectly) as having left the office in disgrace, while Ford was never elected nor re-elected president and subsequently did not get a lot done. Giving them a set could call into question the omission of several other presidents.

This is not an open call to discuss the politics of these two, but offer a reason why they were omitted. I neither agree nor disagree with the reasoning. That being said, if they change their minds I am buying the additional sets.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2015  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Giving them a set could call into question the omission of several other presidents.

Who was skipped?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1895 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2015  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think he is referring to most all the older Presidents. Washington, Adams, etc.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2015  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...and I was thinking dollar coins not sets...my bad
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2015  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
See what you started with your non-political statement jbuck
Learn More...
United States
87600 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2015  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Sorry about that.

Yeah, I really wanted a Coolidge C&C set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1228 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2015  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HOLLYWOOD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
House hold limit of two everyone that wants them will get them not a flippers opportunity just like the Eisenhower $1 but 70 or bust !

http://mintnewsblog.com/2015/09/fir...onicles-set/

Long time shatsi welcome back .
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2015  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya know what. I just realized Long Beach starts the day after the kennedy release. It's gonna be an awesome few days!

Too bad there's not a few day gap or I'd overnight the kennedys to walkthrough them. Oh well
Pillar of the Community
United States
1510 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2015  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Truman 16,800 to Ike's 16,812 with the audit long as Truman stay lower he will be the key date.

It doesn't always work out exactly like the mintages would lead you to think. In this case, there may be more demand for the Ike dollars in the long run because he's generally perceived as being more popular. That could result in a higher price for them. Only time will tell.
Page: of 49 Previous TopicReplies: 729 / Views: 45,423Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05