Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015 Coin & Chronicles Set - Lyndon B. Johnson

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 419 / Views: 27,254Next Topic
Page: of 28
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10555 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2015  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a Texan and a numismatist, it's state law that I have to purchase one of these.
Learn More...
United States
88584 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2015  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Texas has a strong lobby for all things Texas. This set was always going to be made.
Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2015  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the US Mint can drop this below 17K this could be a big key date because the Kennedy not selling out fast.
Pillar of the Community
United States
562 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2015  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Atlas642 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dropping the product limit to 17k? That's not going to happen.

Most likely, they've already been produced so it wouldn't make sense to discard 8k sets. Also, the Truman and Ike sets have proven the Mint can sell 25k easily with a 5 or a 2 set household limit. The Mint's not much in the business of making key dates, just money.
Learn More...
United States
88584 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2015  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that would be nice, but I agree that it is not feasible.

But do not count the Kennedy out yet. There are still a few hours left in the day.
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2015  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think 25,000 is a good number. People will rush to get these no matter what, so I expect these to sellout also.
Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2015  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes true they out just out to make money I was just saying give the real collectors a break,if a collector buy all the set lease let one stand out.since I been try to get into this the word collector was the reason I jump in lol.I thought when you collect think you do want it to be a value that someone want.just a thought because I'm just a student.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2073 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2015  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSkoolMadSkilz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They just make the coins. We make the buzz. There are plenty of issues with low mintage that never sell out.

Learn More...
United States
88584 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
562 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2015  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Atlas642 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, agree wholeheartedly. There are other issues that get their popularity later when something is discovered (2014 Coin and Currency set) or a later issue drives up demand (2013 Theodore Roosevelt C&C sets in response to 2015's C&C sets.)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2015  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Atlas642 made a good point.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Learn More...
United States
88584 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2015  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. My decision to get the Teddy C&C looks genius now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
562 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2015  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Atlas642 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought my Teddy Roosevelt set from a coin dealer friend of mine for $50 or $60 in April. When I heard that they've recently gone up to around $200, I called him up and told him that the two to three other Teddy sets he has would do well on eBay.

That said, I'm excited for the LBJ set and just need Marshall and Lincoln C&C sets to round out my collection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4207 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2015  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only need the Teddy Roosevelt one to finish mine. I think the price may level out after a while so I am waiting to see. Besides I do this for fun and am never in a hurry to get a missing this or that
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10555 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2015  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got my Teddy right before it went off sale.

I still need to get the Lincoln though, just don't want to pull the trigger on that expense just yet. 2009 was a transitional period for me and I missed out on a lot of the products that year. Oh well.
Page: of 28 Previous TopicReplies: 419 / Views: 27,254Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05