Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Eisenhower Glory! Post Your Ike Circulation And CRH Finds!

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 791 / Views: 103,475Next Topic
Page: of 53
Learn More...
United States
102003 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
816 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add berto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jbuck, it is time to resurrect this thread! Earlier this week I spent several hours stopping at banks asking for halves and large dollars. My last stop had 3, $500 bags of Ikes! Of course, I bought them all. I did a quick edge-check and found 1, 1971S 40% silver. I already have all the Ikes I want in my collection including an almost-complete Dansco I have filled using Ikes I have found in the wild over the past 6 years, so I will sell the remaining Ikes from these bags either locally or on FB coin groups.

Happy Ike Hunting everyone!
Edited by berto
05/21/2021 11:30 am
Learn More...
United States
102003 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic!

Glad you found the one silver.

You may want to consider spending some of them. This other topic can use some more Ikes in it.
Valued Member
206 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You might have some trouble if you spend a couple, I paid for something at my local mall with a half dollar and the cashier just looked at it for 30 some seconds before I explained what it was to him. I also doubt a big dollar coin would fit in a modern cash register.
Learn More...
United States
102003 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I also doubt a big dollar coin would fit in a modern cash register.
They will. And contributors to the $100k topic linked above have been able to spend them.
Valued Member
206 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well great to know that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2315 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2021  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the 40% silver 1971-S, berto! Quite the nice find!
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thomas21w to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I read through the last couple of pages on this and not certain. Can you order Ike's at the bank? I'm gunshy asking but I have a decent relationship with a teller so would debate it if it is possible. Based on what I'm reading it is possible just depends on the bank?
Learn More...
United States
102003 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All you can do is ask and hope the know how to place the order with the Fed or their parent bank does.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1738 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My local bank can not order big dollars or halves. I am trying to find another bank to get those there
Pillar of the Community
United States
816 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add berto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John77, thanks for the congrats!

jbuck is correct...One must find the right bank and teller to be able to order large dollars. I have found only two in my town, which may be two more than exist in most towns, and the availability of the large dollars is definitely hit-or-miss! GL to all.
Edited by berto
06/10/2021 8:01 pm
Page: of 53 Previous TopicReplies: 791 / Views: 103,475Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05