Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Star Notes!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,565 / Views: 112,890Next Topic
Page: of 105
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
346 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know, I overpaid for it on "Planet eBay",but it fits what I collect, and is now my lowest serial number. So to me, it was worth it. I paid its serial number for it.

The hunt continues, have a great day everyone!

Pillar of the Community
United States
3161 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice New York Ace Craig. Congratulations bud.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56864 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pickup for sure!
Learn More...
United States
99342 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  07:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This may not seem like much to the standard collector but it is to me. I've been trying to acquire this note to complete a set for about a year. This was the first one to come up for sale that I have seen. After I receive it in hand, I will post the entire set.

Edited by cashhound
03/26/2021 08:50 am
Learn More...
United States
99342 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1291 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This may not seem like much to the standard collector but it is to me. I've been trying to acquire this note to complete a set for about a year. This was the first one to come up for sale that I have seen.

Ultimately, what's important is what matters to you. It may be lost on others but that's of no real consequence (& actually an ideal time to buy).

I've never collected one complete set so congratulations on the milestone.

Is there something special about this $20 star replacement? [Please fill me in. Still trying to wrap my head around BEP/US banknotes, FRB & what's considered 'tough' or not]
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is there something special about this $20 star replacement? [Please fill me in. Still trying to wrap my head around BEP/US banknotes, FRB & what's considered 'tough' or not]

The SET includes all 7 of the star notes for series 2017 that have a 640K run or lower (see chart below)

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1291 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2021  09:37 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Now I can better appreciate this accomplishment! (The 160K & 320K runs must have been very tough) Great stuff & thanks for sharing.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2021  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hallor Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a $20 Star note in pretty good condition and is rated as more rare.

PF00020475* 2017 $20 Federal Reserve Star Note

I tried to upload a photo but I guess I've got to do some more reading on how to make the file smaller.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3161 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  02:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A seldom seen solid star.

Learn More...
United States
99342 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56864 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool for sure.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  01:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fej33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a keeper!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3161 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  03:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone lucked into getting the 2006 $5 IA00000001* - IA00000100* pack and had them all graded. I was fortunate to end up with the serial #12 note in a fairly lofty grade.

Page: of 105 Previous TopicReplies: 1,565 / Views: 112,890Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05