Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your star notes!  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 47
Valued Member
United States
499 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2016  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found in register. Another 320K run.

Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2016  03:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hydrogohard to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

run size 500,000

total printed 26,100,100

Edited by Hydrogohard
09/19/2016 03:15 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8365 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2016  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, Hydrogohard! What's that app you're using to look up the notes?
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2016  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hydrogohard to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2016  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xxJOExx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Itís not pretty, but itís from a short run of 20K sheets (640K notes). Some sheets from this run were sold to collectors, but the edges of this one look to have been cut at the BEP, so this was probably a circulation issue:

Edited by xxJOExx
09/21/2016 10:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8365 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2016  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Hydrogohard, thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

@xxJoexx, your Hamilton is a bit weathered, but there's no such thing as a bad star.
Valued Member
United States
499 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2016  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found in cash register

Pillar of the Community
United States
766 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2016  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coincollector110 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a 2003A F-* note today in a bank strap that's practically in CU condition, and it happens to be from a 384K print run!
Oldest coins from circulation:
Cent: 1918 Nickel: 1934
Dime: 1946 Quarter: 1952
Half Dollar: 1964 Dollar: 1969B
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2016  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Coincollector110 Posted - Yesterday : 8:58 pm
Found a 2003A F-* note today in a bank strap that's practically in CU condition, and it happens to be from a 384K print run!

Nice find coincollector! I rarely find any star notes from runs of 640K or less out in the wild. Even better that it is in CU condition. That is definitely a keeper in my book!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1371 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2016  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Some sheets from this run were sold to collectors, but the edges of this one look to have been cut at the BEP, so this was probably a circulation issue:

I'm not sure I understand this xxxJOExx, what should I be looking at concerning the edges that tells me it was cut at the BEP ?
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2016  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am curious as well? I would assume if a collector bought a sheet they would not typically cut it down unless they were trying to make fake "errors"?
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2016  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xxJOExx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand this xxxJOExx, what should I be looking at concerning the edges that tells me it was cut at the BEP ?

I'm just making that supposition because all of the edges are even and parallel, and the borders are the correct size for a BEP-cut note. Certainly the note could have been cut manually from a sheet, but I'm merely guessing otherwise because most of the time when I find uncut sheet notes in circulation, the cutting job isn't perfect.

Quote:
I am curious as well? I would assume if a collector bought a sheet they would not typically cut it down unless they were trying to make fake "errors"?

You're probably right that most collectors wouldn't cut apart a sheet, although some do. Some notes have been cut with deliberately gargantuan margins, for example. The adjacent notes from that sheet will necessarily have little to no margin left and might just get dumped into circulation. Sheets get cut for other reasons, too. Someone who is not a collector might receive a sheet as a gift or inherit someone's collection and not have an appreciation for the sheet, cut the sheet into individual notes and spend them. I've got a 2003 $10 note from the DA* block that was cut from a sheet and put into circulation. In part I know the note was cut from a sheet because that particular block was only sold in sheets and was not issued for circulation. But I also know the note was cut from a sheet because of the uneven edges resulting from the scissor cutting.
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2016  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hydrogohard to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got from my job Walmart today

Edited by Hydrogohard
09/26/2016 12:16 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11632 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2016  07:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice looking $10.00 star
GoldRush58 - GR58
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8365 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2016  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty!
Page: of 47 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05