Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your star notes!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 50
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28246 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2015  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I clearly did not find this in circulation, but I did find it at an internet auction this week and wanted to share it.

It's VF-20 I would say, and a very tough note.

Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2015  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mayflower2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found this one out in the wild today. 2009 F. Very Crisp. If it weren't for that pesky 2 it would be a very low number. still going to keep it. (obviously since I already put it in a holder)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4330 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2015  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Going through my savings tin and found two star notes

Series 2009 $5 well circulated but intact from a run of 320,000

Series 2009 $10 also well circulated but intact from a common run of 1,920,000.
I'm slowly building my numismatic library--106 works and counting

With assistance, trying to compile a listing of numismatic reference books & materials available to collectors http://goccf.com/t/174749
Pillar of the Community
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2015  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mayflower2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Meadowview, how do you check to see how many were in a run? Is there a list online somewhere or listed in a book?
Pillar of the Community
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2015  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's a website called MyCurrencyCollection that has this data available. It also has some interesting stuff about web notes and National Bank Notes. I highly recommend you check it out: http://mycurrencycollection.com/ref...notes/lookup
Pillar of the Community
United States
766 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2015  06:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coincollector110 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I finally found a low print run star note! It was in my drawer last night at work, and any time there's a star note, I try to hang onto it to trade later on. Well this one happens to be a run of 640K and it's only been used lightly! What are the values of of 2009 star notes with a 640K run?
Oldest coins from circulation:
Cent: 1918 Nickel: 1934
Dime: 1946 Quarter: 1952
Half Dollar: 1964 Dollar: 1969B
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2016  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can I play, too? Honestly don't know for sure where these came from, but I know they were added into the "album" before I lost my job. So my guess is they went in there after cashing paychecks.

United States
34 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2016  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few of my recent star note finds. Was happy to find the $50 in decent shape. The middle $20 is a run of 576K and seems to have a very slight error in the star in the upper left serial #. The lower left point seems to be shorter than it should. Don't think it adds any value but still neat.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3010 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2016  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Check coinlover1899's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found an old $100 dollar bill star note a few months back.
My name is Devin, and I have been collecting now for around 3 1/2 years. I love all US coinage. I set up at coin shows and sell on eBay with my dad
Visit my website:
https://www.InGodWeTrustCoinsAndCurrency.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
818 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2016  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is very interesting. And thanks Calzone for the link for the numbers of star notes printed. I don't have anything to show right now, but I will dig up some of my notes when I am home. I check the serial number for every note that I come across. I have accumulated a couple dozen $1 star notes over the years. I get $20 star notes pretty regular also but I only keep the nicest ones of each series. I have only found a couple $5 and $10 star notes and never gotten $50 or $100 notes.
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2016  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recently got several straps of uncirculated 2009 $1 star notes from the bank. Got Serial# D00956901 - D00957200, D01948001 - D01948100, & D00957301 - D00957350.

Trying to figure out what the best thing to do with these notes is... Not sure if I should hold them and wait to see if they have some value down the road? Or sell them now, seems like I could get $150-$200 for a strap of 100 on eBay. These are from a large run of 3.2 million so they are not rare, but I don't think I will get lucky and get brand new straps of star notes from anytime in the near future. Also thinking about picking out the Fancy Serial Numbers but I have a hard time determining what good fancy serial numbers would be. Any thoughts / recommendations on what I should do?
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2016  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found the star's below this week at work. All are from runs of 3.2 million except the $50 is from a run of 800k. I am finding a lot of stars lately, need to start being more selective of the ones I keep. Its extremely hard to find them in runs of under 640k. I have only found one so far that was in a run less than that.

Edited by justind
01/09/2016 7:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
519 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2016  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yakimaboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I came across the series 2006 $5 star the other day. It is still surprisingly crisp, although obviously circulated. I can count on one hand the number of stars I have found over the years.

Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2016  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga3375 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got this one from the store today, sister to earlier post

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5114 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2016  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally dug up a photo of my old hoard:

This was amassed from about 2008-2011. I didn't image most of the $20s for security reasons; I had about 20 at one point until they all went to the bank to make rent in 2012.
New Sale! Inexpensive classic Greek silver, over 2,400 years old!

http://goccf.com/t/323297
Page: of 50 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05