Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your star notes!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 50
Learn More...
United States
61373 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How about a Big Head Lincoln star....

Quote:
Sequential Stars and (I'm stretching a bit) S/N part 53535 same LtoR & RtoL.
Very nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28828 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another serial number 12 beauty for your collection, Stever - congrats!
Edited by Coinfrog
06/14/2018 5:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3841 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

My youngest daughter sometimes works around a lot of cash. I've always told her to keep an eye out for the "unusual" (UNC stars, old designs, errors, low serial numbers etc). Today she gave me a call and sent me a picture. She said these just jumped out at her!

She asked if I wanted them! Well, duh?

Not "rare" by any means but a nice score for face value!

Taking her to lunch next week!

Learn More...
United States
61373 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3841 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This is one of my favorite star notes. I think I paid a quarter for it about 15 years ago in a box marked "foreign".

One of the better purchases I made over the years!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28828 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1453 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2018  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, like Mr.Frog said, very cool indeed.

Now I have to find an example for myself....any chance you'd like to double your investment westernsky ?
Learn More...
United States
61373 Posts
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dreadnoughtcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oops
Edited by dreadnoughtcoin
06/17/2018 08:43 am
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dreadnoughtcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

1934 $50 star note of mine
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28828 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice - tough note!

to the Paper Money Forum!
Learn More...
United States
61373 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1453 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2018  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is what an uncirculated district set of 2013 $1 star notes looks like. Philadelphia and Minneapolis missed the boat for this series. Some say Kansas City (J*) is a tough find, but personally, I had the longest search trying to find a GEM example of the Cleveland (D*) district.

Learn More...
United States
61373 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3841 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2018  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice set!
Page: of 50 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.93 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05