Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Star Notes!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 88
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a good start. Way to go!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39199 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful note, great centering!
Valued Member
Canada
492 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's a good start. Way to go!

Quote:
Beautiful note, great centering!

-Thanks guys. I just started to branch out into world paper this past spring. Really had no clue where to start (which countries, budget, etc) so I bought a few from a Chinese seller. I felt like it was a bit of a gamble since my idea of UNC and theirs could be worlds apart. Plus these sellers tend to employ stock photos so SN, condition & everything is a big unknown. But this 1 (although quite common) turned out to be a pleasant surprise in terms of the centering and condition.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2203 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That 1957 SC Ace replacement note sure is pretty. A very early star with face plate #26 and back plate #20. These 57 $1 stars went all the way up to *07640000D and over 307 million total replacement notes printed. A popular choice being both readily available and affordable.

GEM centering on walk2dwater's note. A very clean and attractive note. Well done.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39199 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
307 million stars?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2203 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
307 million stars ?

Yeppers, and over 2 Billion regular circulating notes.
Valued Member
Canada
492 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
307 million total replacement notes printed.

Yeah, I read that in one of your older posts (on a similar thread) "Steve" but I think I paid a fairly low/decent price so I'm happy (esp considering the note's condition). Up here in Canada, the largest run of replacements goes to our 1954 *B/M $1 at 3.7M which happens to be about 10X as common as the avg. I could not believe that these had so many printed.
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Gentlemen, here's my 1st US Star note (I know it's no horse blanket nor trophy, like I've seen posted here, but gotta start somewhere).
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1389 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a note collector, but every once in a while I remember to check the serial numbers in my wallet. I was about to spend this $10 last night and noticed the star:

I believe this is the first star note I've found.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2203 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on your first star note Bump.

Here's a pair for run collectors.

A short run of 250K notes. Run #2 Atlanta printed in June 2015.

Edited by SteveInTampa
07/18/2019 3:51 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39199 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful examples, nicely centered!
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm not a note collector, but every once in a while I remember to check the serial numbers in my wallet. I was about to spend this $10 last night and noticed the star:
Nice find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2203 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2019  02:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This note came recently. It completes my 2009 $10 star note set...a very short set. Four districts were printed and only three have surfaced. I have an active FOIA request asking about the reported missing 3.2M 2009 $10 New York replacement notes.

These two I've had for awhile. I'm never quite sure whether to post these in the New Acquisitions thread or this thread. A coin flip decided the decision. The Atlanta (JF*) note is the key star.

Edited by SteveInTampa
07/27/2019 03:00 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39199 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2019  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice ones as always, Stever!
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2019  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great set of star Hamiltons.
Page: of 88 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05