Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Star Notes!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 92
Pillar of the Community
United States
2255 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  04:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you purchase your raw notes from ebay or elsewhere?

I use multiple sources, and eBay is one of them.

APD, First City and fellow collectors from forums like this help fill in the blanks.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40364 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another undervalued note in my opinion - printed during 1963-1965 amid growing civil unrest in this country. Just love red stars.

Learn More...
United States
76167 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another undervalued note in my opinion - printed during 1963-1965 amid growing civil unrest in this country. Just love red stars.
Very nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10011 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
APD, First City and fellow collectors from forums like this help fill in the blanks.

Thanks! To now, I've been primarily (exclusively?) ebay and am looking for some alternatives.

Nice deuce star, Coinfrog! I have that '53C USN in PMG66EPQ as well... but not a star.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
537 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought this 1953 "Deuce" (FR1509)a few weeks ago but have no idea how common/uncommon it is as I'm completely new to US currency (& find the info in the SCWPM catalog very limited):

Edited by walk2dwater
08/19/2019 12:05 pm
Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice star Jeffersons gentlemen!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2255 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super nice $2 LT's, love me some red seal star notes.

Quote:
& find the info in the SCWPM catalog very limited):

If your focus is small-size then I recommend the Standard Guide to Small-Size U.S.Paper Money , 9th or 10th Edition.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40364 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely a must-have reference work. Nice '53 deuce star.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40364 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
End of the line - the last red seal $2 stars:

Pillar of the Community
United States
2255 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  01:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, it's raining 66's. Nice notes all !

My $2 LT game is not that strong, but I did include what I consider the "money shot", the back vignette of Monticello.

Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice ones Steve. I especially like the image of Monticello after having visited there this summer.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10011 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That really is a nice vignette.

It's been many years since I've visited Monticello; I'll have to make a point to get out there again soon.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40364 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice notes, Stever!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4587 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

My first Munchkin Star note! Got it in Las Vegas this morning out of a ticket redemption machine at The Golden Gate on Fremont St downtown.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40364 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gambling during the day again?
Edited by Coinfrog
08/20/2019 2:53 pm
Page: of 92 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05