Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Star Notes!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 92
Pillar of the Community
United States
4593 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Gambling during the day again?

It was early this morning about 3am but out here it's pretty much a 24/7/365 thing anyway!

About 72 hours out here is about all I can take!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40423 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't been for awhile. I'm so old that, on my first trip, I actually saw Sinatra's show at the Sands.
Edited by Coinfrog
08/20/2019 4:42 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10012 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My first Munchkin Star note! Got it in Las Vegas this morning out of a ticket redemption machine at The Golden Gate on Fremont St downtown.

Ah, the Golden Gate. I learned to play craps there (quite) some time ago on a random Wednesday afternoon. The minimum bet was $0.50 and the dealers were more than willing to occupy an otherwise empty shift teaching a bunch of fools on a bachelor party with 64-oz football beers in their hands how to play.

Quote:
on my first trip, I actually saw Sinatra's show at the Sands.

Wow!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40423 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2019  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sinatra ruled Las Vegas in those days, and when he took the stage and held his hand up, the room went stone silent. My strongest memories are of him sitting on a stool in a soft spotlight singing "One For My Baby (And One More for the Road)" and, later in the show, strutting the stage pounding out "My Kind of Town", and then repeating half of it while exhorting the audience to sing along. It was glorious.
Learn More...
United States
76277 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2259 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This has been on my want list for months, and now all I need is Cleveland MD*. This replacement note was printed in December 2018 (640,000).

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40423 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful centering!
Learn More...
United States
76277 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This has been on my want list for months, and now all I need is Cleveland MD*. This replacement note was printed in December 2018 (640,000).
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add antmark3d to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wonderful centering
What is happening? Don't understand...
Edited by antmark3d
08/21/2019 4:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2259 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What is happening? Don't understand...

Good question. Basically, the unprinted border or margin between the printed portion of the note and the edge is fairly even on the top, bottom and sides which comes into consideration when evaluating the note.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40423 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
antmark - Once a note has been determined to be uncirculated, then the "certering", or aesthetic balance, of the note on BOTH sides becomes a major determinant of its numerical grade.
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add antmark3d to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see what you mean now, thank you SteveInTampa and Coinfrog for explaining!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10012 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good-looking 5-spot star, Steve!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2259 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks.

A short run of 1935E $1 Silver Certificate star notes.
The first three have decent centering, but the last one went off the rails a little bit.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40423 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice lot. How do the reverses look?
Page: of 92 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05