Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Star Notes!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,460 / Views: 98,637Next Topic
Page: of 98
Learn More...
United States
87578 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A short run of 1935E $1 Silver Certificate star notes.
The first three have decent centering, but the last one went off the rails a little bit.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2723 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2019  06:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How do the reverses look?

Funny you should ask. They almost look strange, minus the motto.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48796 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2019  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're right - I always do a double take as well.
Learn More...
United States
87578 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2723 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2019  04:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Replacement notes were printed for all 12 Districts of the 1976 $2's. All print runs were 640K with Richmond, Minneapolis and Kansas City only having one run. Star note sheets were printed for 10 of the 12 Districts, with Richmond and Minneapolis being excluded. If you collect these you'll find that the Minneapolis and Kansas City stars garner most of the love. Eight different packs of Minneapolis replacement notes have been reported making Kansas City the key star. I believe the Richmond star (E*) is underrated and undervalued.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1026 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2019  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice stars Steve. I have a special place in my heart for the Minneapolis one.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48796 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2019  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pair, Stever!
Learn More...
United States
87578 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1068 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2019  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recent Star note pickups. The three $1 I got in change and the $100 I picked up at the bank today.

Learn More...
United States
87578 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2019  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Recent Star note pickups. The three $1 I got in change and the $100 I picked up at the bank today.
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
272 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2019  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddyknuckles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few stars from my collection somewhere I read a while back about the $2 Minneapolis had to snatch up a few. The $10 was pulled from circulation yesterday

Valued Member
United States
272 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2019  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddyknuckles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry the Minneapolis didnt want just one picture taken apparently. It took this guys spot on my post.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48796 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2019  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice bunch of stars everyone! I'll wait for Steve's comments.
Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2019  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add antmark3d to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's going on with 5 dollar? Is that an extra seal?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2723 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2019  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What's going on with 5 dollar? Is that an extra seal?

What appears to be an extra seal is actually on the outside of the BEP holder. The BEP used to ship its single collector notes in monogrammed holders. I call them Beach Ball holders because they were soft and smelled like the plastic used on a beach ball.

Nice notes muddy !
Page: of 98 Previous TopicReplies: 1,460 / Views: 98,637Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05