Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Star Notes!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 94
Pillar of the Community
United States
2326 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe I'm putting too much weight or emphasis on margins, but this pair doesn't appear GEM.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42289 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would have to agree without even seeing the reverses, which tells you something. PCGS notes typically sell for less than PMG examples, with good reason, and these demonstrate why straight crossovers for PCGS notes at PMG are only around 50%.

But of course, this is only half the story. The other half of PCGS cross successfully, which leaves a lot of opportunity.

Buy the note, not the holder.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2326 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  06:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A pair of 1995 $1 Minnie replacement notes for your viewing pleasure...

Learn More...
United States
78564 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A pair of 1995 $1 Minnie replacement notes for your viewing pleasure...
Very nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42289 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed, those are nice examples.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2029 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Connor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I have been keeping every star note I have found in circulation over the years. I'm beginning to ask myself why? Should I keep hanging on to these or put them back in circulation? Do I have any diamonds in the rough here? Thanks for your input.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42289 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll leave this to Starman Steve.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10116 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the photo, most of those appear to be in pretty good condition, if not CU. I'd probably keep all the singles and return any of the higher denominations with wear to circulation, unless they are from short print runs.
Valued Member
United States
375 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add harley1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hi, I went to my reg bank 2 weeks ago and ask my teller if she had 100 $1 in new bills, she came back and gave me these ,all star notes, I know their from an est.3,200,000. I just got the holder today to put them in.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10116 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's an impressive-looking presentation, harley.
Valued Member
United States
375 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add harley1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you ,CelticKnot
Pillar of the Community
United States
2326 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  03:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pack of replacement notes Harley, always cool to get a fresh pack.

As far as the notes displayed by Conner, I'm a bit old fashioned and collect for the fun of finding and assembling sets. I also collect because I'm also a bit of a history buff and enjoy reading and learning about the past. Finally, I enjoy the general camaraderie between collectors and hearing the stories associated with finding and collecting paper money. If your collection increases in value over time, it's a bonus. I don't collect for monetary rewards.

I relate this to seeing my mom going through her change after shopping and searching for pennies she needed to complete her blue Whitman album. She would get excited when filling any empty spot. She would often look at me and point to one particular empty spot, 1909 S VDB, and say "One day we'll find this one." After she passed, I bought one to fill that hole. In hindsight, I should have done it when she was still alive. Collect for fun, enjoy the hobby and get your kids involved.
Learn More...
United States
78564 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42289 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice grab, harley!
Pillar of the Community
United States
609 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Harley!
Page: of 94 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05