Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Where's George; Have You Even Found A Bill ?

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 6,543Next Topic
Page: of 4
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
Pillar of the Community
1325 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2015  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shadz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this coming form the person that thinks I owe him something he could Google for himself at the cost of jeopardizing my ability to collect coins or bills?

It is to laugh.
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2015  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, I told you I did look and found nothing. Please, stop making stuff up or list a reference. You continuously present misinformation and it does not help anyone here.

I am only hard on you because I know you can do better!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3659 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2015  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unless it's extremely over the top (which is prohibited by WG rules), marked bills do not get pulled anywhere along the distribution chain (except maybe by a few misguided tellers - even then the manager usually dumps them back in circulation) - I've received more than half my finds from bank straps.

Bill circulate for a long time - several of my recent hits were in circulation for 4 or even 5 years. My last five hits were entered in 2013, 2011, 2009 http://www.wheresgeorge.com/b:cb1Y6WGjS&e), 2011, 2011.
-----Burton
48 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC, OnLinw Coin Club
Owned by four cats and a wife of 37 years (joined 1983)
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10920 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2022  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am bumping this thread as I took out a guided tour today with some cruise ship passengers, and I received a Where's George bill as a tip! It's the first one I've ever had anywhere. It's a regular 2013 $1 Federal Reserve note from Cleveland, Ohio.

It was quite exciting looking it up on the Where's George website. The bill was entered on 12/23/20 in Columbus, OH and I am the first person to report it. It's travelled 3,911 miles in 1 year and 117 days...
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2022  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joshu - a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of the where's george bills I've found never left a 100 mile radius or so.
Valued Member
United States
103 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2022  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy Topaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've actually been a "Georger" for quite a while now, I get a kick out of it.. I've had bills I've stamped found in almost all 50 states and as far away as Zimbabwe, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Ukraine, China, Ireland and the Bahamas... Recently got a notice that a couple of bills of mine were found that I'd entered 9 years ago, so they're still out there

One thing I totally botched was, I had about a hundred Star Notes in an envelope and since they weren't short runs, I decided to open a second Where's George account to only stamp Star Notes... well, whaddaya know.. a few months later I learned about the 2013-B duplicate thingy and went to check my account had already stamped and spent a handful of them.. oh well..

Anyway... here's one I recently got in change from Trader Joe's :-)
Edited by Skippy Topaz
04/21/2022 11:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2258 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2022  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While fumbling with my wallet in class, I noticed a Where's George note inside with the other bills. It was a 2003 series and in uncirculated condition. I checked the website and it only went 20 miles. Fun concept, I hope I find more.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3659 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2022  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a hit 2 days back

11.5 years

EMS in Olympia, WA

Hit in Bonita Springs, FL

It's not quite the longest possible distance across the continental US, but it's close...
-----Burton
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
Valued Member
United States
103 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2022  01:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy Topaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got a notice that one of my bills that I stamped 9 years ago was just found in Venezuela :)

Edited by Skippy Topaz
05/06/2022 01:37 am
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2022  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just got a notice that one of my bills that I stamped 9 years ago was just found in Venezuela :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3659 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A purple. ALWAYS nice!
-----Burton
Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ghonk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't remember ever getting one,but wasn't looking either.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 6,543Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: