Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Awesome Ike Error- The Original Zombuck!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 3,570Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  8:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Introducing one of the most interesting, if not the most interesting looking ike error. It is quite possibly the first and only true Zombuck actually made by the US mint lol. Who's hungry for some brains? When I saw it my gut said get it. I mean it's a freakin Ike and he's been scalped... AND still has his scalp! You can't get much more interesting than that!

So what do you guys think? I'm pretty sure it's the most I've paid for a single modern coin

http://coins.ha.com/itm/errors/-2-1...bnail-071515

Edited by Cascade
10/04/2015 8:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6428 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was waiting to see pics of this beauty. When you showed the auction to me at Long Beach I was amazed. It is truly an amazing ike error. Enjoy it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's for keepin the secret kid

Here is a link to the others I bought with this one so you guys don't have to jump...

http://goccf.com/t/241931#2028760
Edited by Cascade
10/04/2015 8:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4605 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool unit, would look even cooler in a dual slab
Pillar of the Community
United States
9399 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is one cool error!
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
1295 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rollsearcher37 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How cool is that? Congrats on the purchase of a very unique error coin, man!

You know, it's sorta ironic that the only letters of liberty still attached with the scalp are "ER". Get it?
Edited by Rollsearcher37
10/04/2015 8:39 pm
Learn More...
Canada
9329 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a similar Canadian small cent pair, I just got it back in one of those cool PCGS double slab holders (although, I do like the case you have the pair in).
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya, my first thought was to try to get it in a double slab but it's in a 2000 era #9 slab I believe. Do I keep it original or go for the double? Not sure yet but the case works for now. I am a little worried about gassing causing my RD to RB over time though
Pillar of the Community
United States
5828 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
now THAT is a nice coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
2806 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is really cool. I can't honestly say that I've seen an error quite like this one. I think a dual slab would be perfect for this.
My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof ( PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354
Pillar of the Community
United States
2073 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSkoolMadSkilz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty cool. #1 looks a bit like a chocolate coin with the foil peeled back. Now I'm hungry.

Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya I should get a consensus on keep in type 9 slabs or go duel. And how does one go duel? I'm assuming I would need to call PCGS. If I do that I'd go secure too.

Edited by Cascade
10/04/2015 9:59 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11935 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool coin

Just curious ... Is there any data from PCGS or NGC,
as far as population for this type Ike error.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's probably an ike group question but with this particular detached layer error it's all about the location and how the copper core makes it look like his brain is hanging out. If this was in his neck area or in front of the face it wouldn't be as cool. It a piece of random art. Fred weinberg has an ike for 2k that had the entire obverse layer missing from a sheet rolling end mistake and as such was a soft strike from a thinner planchet. I thought this one was much, much more interesting.

Oh and by the way I must say that Fred weinberg is the most chill and relaxed coin dealer I've ever seen. He kinda reminds me of the dude from the big lebowski
Edited by Cascade
10/04/2015 10:20 pm
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ACWhammy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hereby dub this "FrankenIke" Nice find :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
6428 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2015  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought it was already dubbed zombuck. Hahah.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 3,570Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05