Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Type Set Dansco Vs Intercept Shield

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 8,238Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2018  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jbuck-

No problem.

I do a lot of searching before I post. Why create a new thread if you can find the answers you're looking for. Sometimes I get lazy or forgot I already posted something. Personally, if I created a thread years ago and it sat dormant for a few years, I would be thrilled if someone found it and it added value to his search or question.
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2018  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am happy you like the coins. This is a old thread, some of the coins have been upgraded since this was posted.

Yes, that was my first thought. After looking at the initial posting date I said to myself; no way GR58 hasn't updated some of these coins! !
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2018  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do a lot of searching before I post. Why create a new thread if you can find the answers you're looking for. Sometimes I get lazy or forgot I already posted something. Personally, if I created a thread years ago and it sat dormant for a few years, I would be thrilled if someone found it and it added value to his search or question.
No worry, I get it. This one is okay, especially knowing its relevance to your current project. It also stimulated conversation with the OP. This is good.

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bumping a pretty old thread :)

I just received my Intercept Type album today from Wizard. There was a line in bold in their description "Note that this album was manufactured with a hole for the Braided Hair Large Cent that is too small"

I see one in yours so I'm not sure what they mean by that.

They also sent 2 extra pages with it - The cents page and the one with the Bicentennial coins at the top. Both those pages are also inside the album. No idea why they included 2 duplicate pages - odd

Pillar of the Community
United States
7823 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The green really shows off the coins, very nice.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
667 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was hoping Dansco would come out with an add-on page to cover some of the newer coins, both look great, thanks for sharing.
Mark
ANA Member
Official Snowbird! Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
My7070
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  02:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TinyRetreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing ... I've sold much of my raw collection, seeking to slab my collection for obvious reasons. This post however, just may have inspired me to do a "type" set album. Beautiful to look at ... thanks for sharing.
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2021  02:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add maheshmahesh1984 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have the same question as Mike33. Does this mean, the coin will not fit? "Note that this album was manufactured with a hole for the Braided Hair Large Cent that is too small".

I completed my Dansco type set. Planning to upgrade few coins and move the existing ones to IS album. Dansco albums are expensive now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7823 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2021  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just take a bench grinder and slowly take off enough edge till it fits. ( I've been around Carl too long )
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
925 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2021  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the Intercept album is much more extensive than the Dansco album. I do like the green pages.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing ... I've sold much of my raw collection, seeking to slab my collection for obvious reasons.

Good point about keeping 19th Century coins in slabs. You would be destroying value if you crack them out and stick them in an album (as I found out the hard way). Better to do a slabbed Registry Set.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 8,238Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05