Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Coins From India!

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12
Learn More...
United States
78471 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
10946 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2004 India.
1 Rupee.

Edited by Dorado
08/22/2019 11:10 pm
Learn More...
United States
78471 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
10946 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1976 India.
5 Paise.

Learn More...
United States
78471 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
10946 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1945 India
Princely States Kutch Adhio
1/2 Kori .

-

Learn More...
United States
78471 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1945 India Princely States Kutch Adhio 1/2 Kori .
Nice example!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4005 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up a couple of coins today that I'm fairly certain are from India, but I don't have the knowledge to more definitively identify, let alone date, them.

The first is a bronze roughly 19mm in diameter and varying from 8.5 to 9 mm thick. Weight comes in at 20.4 grams. I have minimal confidence as to my chosen orientation in these photos. The edge exhibits interesting scalloping.

The other is silver in composition. The diameter is 13.2 mm and it weighs 2.8 grams. I believe I have these photos right side up.

Edit: I think I probably should've picked up on this second silver piece being most likely an issue of Shah Alam II. I'd posted a rupee from his reign back on page 5 of this thread. Based on this one's weight, I'm it'd be a rupee. I'm still not seeing a clearly interpretable date on it, though.

Colligo ergo sum
Edited by Lucky Cuss
10/09/2019 1:54 pm
Learn More...
United States
78471 Posts
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2019  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like this one that just arrived.
Learn More...
United States
78471 Posts
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05