Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Thought My Avatar Was Pretty Unique!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,973Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2364 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2015  09:58 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My avatar

Almost identical 1962 Franklin for sale on eBay, no Blakesley Effect though. What are the odds for a clip to be almost exactly the same

http://www.ebay.com/itm/38143884766...keTrack=true
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55418 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2015  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slightly different rotation.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2015  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see a very slight blakesley effect on the ebay coin. You should pick that "little sister" up
Pillar of the Community
United States
2002 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2015  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin you have & perfect for your avatar. The eBay listing is a little over priced IMHO.
Learn More...
United States
108260 Posts
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2015  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Villa Rose to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think my avatar is unique, too. That's why I have trademarked it.

Now I don't wish to be too pedantic, but my grouchy old high school English teacher would tell you that something cannot be "pretty" unique. It is either unique, or it isn't. There's no in-between. It's like saying your wife is "kind of" pregnant.

Be that as it may, my best to you!
Edited by Villa Rose
11/02/2015 2:10 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64253 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2015  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My avatar is definitely unique. Five bucks to anyone who can tell me exactly where it came from!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2015  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know I've seen it before. I wanna say that vintage king aurther as a kid with merlin cartoon movie or The princess and the frog?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64253 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2015  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, but keep the guesses coming! I'll post the answer tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2015  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tweak800 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
but what of this other turmabzeichen? Where did it originate? Some believe, incorrectly, that this was the emblem of one of the other Skippers of U-124 but that is not correct. REINHARD HARDEGEN (102-1985) told us the story.

He said that on one Feindfahrt (war patrol) their only duty was to remain in one area and report the weather. As Captain HARDEGEN put it, they were a big Weather Frog, and so that is the reason for this turmabzeichen
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64253 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2015  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
tweak - You are correct, sir. This the CT emblem of the German U-boat U-124 during WWII.

Well done. Send me your address via PM and I will send a check immediately.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64253 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2015  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
tweak -

I think we have more than coins in common.
Edited by Coinfrog
11/02/2015 6:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2015  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tweak800 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sent you a PM but I take it back hahaha just donate it to the forum and as a heads up when I hit 1000 posts I will be having a contest .

Edited by tweak800
11/02/2015 7:15 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64253 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2015  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will do.

I am dumbfounded at your reply to the question.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2015  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tweak800 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a reference from a website that explains well what it is and how they came to be. A bit of info on georg wilhelm schulz http://sharkhunters.com/Vet162.htm
Edited by tweak800
11/02/2015 10:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5828 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2015  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

WOW... Not just at that your coins are similar but just reading that conversation between tweak and coin frog!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,973Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: