Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Caps Coin Albums

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10114 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2017  02:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck with your endeavor and I am eager to see photos.

One piece of information to consider is that it is not easy to get the capsules out of the CAPS pages once they're seated. Not a big deal unless you do a lot of upgrading.
Edited by CelticKnot
02/27/2017 02:26 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
662 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2017  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Check dd27's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add dd27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered a CAPS album today and discovered a couple of interesting things.

1) The company that makes the albums sells them for a lot less than I could find on Amazon or elsewhere - neither Wizard nor Jakes carry the CAPS albums. The Amazon price for Kennedy Half Dollars - Album #2134 is $50.45 + $7 shipping. Amazon indicates, "Ships from and sold by Valley Coin."

2) On CAPSAlbums.com (owned by Valley Coin), the price was $38.49 + $8.95 S&H. That's where I ordered it.

3) I subsequently discovered that you can purchase the same Album #2134 on the Valley.com website for 35.86 + $6.49 S&H.

I wrote Valley Coin an email asking for the lower price.

~ Mark
Edited by dd27
08/20/2017 1:45 pm
Learn More...
United States
78522 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2017  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is interesting. I guess people are willing to pay more to get it from the official site, even if it is just a subsidiary of the parent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2017  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chesterb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. These appear to be an alternative to the Dansco albums and might provide a little better protection for the coins. I may look into getting one.
Valued Member
United States
310 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2017  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Check einstem's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add einstem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. I find the BEST prices for CAPS albums are on the ValleyCoin website.

They have the lowest prices for the albums and for shipping.

Amazon is most expensive, followed by eBay, then the CAPS site itself, with ValleyCoin the cheapest.

Best thing about purchasing from the valleycoin site is that you can also purchase other coin supplies at the same time, and combine your shipping to save money.

Regards,

Michael
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10114 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2017  02:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. I believe I bought my two from the CAPS site because, as mentioned, Amazon was more expensive. I didn't know to look at Valley Coin. If I am ever in the market for more CAPS albums, well, now I know.

"And knowing is half the battle."
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
662 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2017  04:00 am  Show Profile   Check dd27's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add dd27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update: Within hours of sending my email to Craig Johnson, the owner of ValleyCoin.com and CAPSalbums.com, he said he would sell me the Kennedy CAPS album for the price and the S&H quoted on the ValleyCoin.com site.

I might suggest to him that he consider forwarding CAPSalbums.com to the CAPS Albums page on ValleyCoin.com to prevent confusion. Plus the CAPSalbums.com website is pretty bad.

~ Mark
Edited by dd27
08/22/2017 04:02 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1525 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2017  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the pointers to ValleyCoin. I might save a few bucks on my next shopping venture. However...

But "the CAPSalbums.com website is pretty bad"? Au contraire. The only bad thing I can say about that site is that not every product has a picture. At ValleyCoin, I looked at two individual coins. I almost didn't click through because the URL for each had a description of a completely different coin (a Peace dollar as a 2008 Statehood Quarter, and a 20-cent piece as a Seated Liberty half), and once I did click through, the picture didn't match the coin either -- the image for the 20-cent piece showed a Buffalo nickel on what appeared to be a giant copper planchet! That's not how you build trust with your potential customer.

I have four albums I bought from CAPS directly (three separate purchaes). No hassle, learned my way around the site, and everything is great with the exception of one airtite cap that broke in half. I'll be back, if not for another album (haven't convinced myself to start another set yet), but for an updated cardstock that I don't see listed at ValleyCoin.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (early Bust era), Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
662 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2017  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Check dd27's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add dd27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
good points Alpha2814. perhaps it would be more accurate to say that both websites need some work.

I love your quote from Green Lantern.

Mark
Pillar of the Community
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2017  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chesterb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started to convert my coins over from the Dansco 7070 to the CAPS album and so far I like it. It may not be for everybody but I feel they are very well preserved in the airtites and it makes for a nice presentation. I am also more comfortable placing my more valuablue raw type coins in the album because the Airtites holder is a great storage system. One issue is you need a separate album for 1800's typeset and one for the 1900's-2000's typeset. This also means that you will need duplicate coins for those issues like Barbers and Morgans that cross both the 19th and 20th centuries. However, all in all I really like it so far and will post my results in a separate thread when ready.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10114 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2017  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's see some photos, chesterb!
Learn More...
United States
78522 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2017  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, chesterb! I look forward to seeing the results.
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2017  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin_Operator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I switched my Kennedys and 1999-current business strike quarters to air-tites/caps albums a few years ago and don't regret it at all. If I can ever figure out how to post pics I'll shown how I have them configured.
Learn More...
United States
14163 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2017  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin_Operator,
Here is the tutorial about uploading and posting images

And here is the CCF Free Image Optimizer to help crop your images.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2017  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cilrah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I took the dive, moving my complete Washington quarter collection to Caps albums. I'm halfway through half the project.

Converting one Dansco album to two Caps albums, 1932-1964 & 1965-1998.
All the quarters are in the air-tites now to get them in the albums.

Don't know when I'll get the Statehood and ATB Quarters done.
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05