Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Project $100K - Circulating US Half Dollar Coins

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 54
Pillar of the Community
United States
3637 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2016  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2$ at local BP for protein bar

97,798.50 left.
Pillar of the Community
United States
563 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  12:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add garys64wildcat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yakimaboy, I used to work close to 2 of the Dicks Driveins. Dick died a couple weeks back and I think his sons will keep it going. Best in town, a taste good for a cheap burger
Pillar of the Community
United States
519 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  12:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yakimaboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not to get off topic, but I have one that I will be chowing down shortly. yummm
Valued Member
United States
111 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Farm_Flavor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As the resident Farmer handing out Half Dollars at Farmers Markets and locally, I had a thought as I noticed fewer shiny halves this week and more really dirty ones in the rolls... What do the stocks of coins look like at the Federal Reserve Banks? Since the last intentional circulation strikes were in 2001 at this point, what is the retirement level of the half dollar coins? If we and others get the circulation up, will they strike new coins in a few years? Hmm. Also, thanks for the answers to my last week's questions and a post noticing our usage contribution.
OK, this week's usage of halves is $197 by my farmers market booths and just in paying items.

$97,600.50 to go
Pillar of the Community
United States
3637 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Correction 97,601.50$ left, right? Or did I miss something?
Pillar of the Community
United States
519 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yakimaboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$7 for a valentine's day card for my wife of 43 years. 97601.50 - 7.00 = $97594.50 remaining.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3637 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats awesome yakima and thanks for reminding me its coming fast-22 years for me come june
Edited by Slamnbass
01/28/2016 8:57 pm
Valued Member
United States
111 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mikey Air to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$4.50 spent on gas and coils.

$97,590 to go
Pillar of the Community
United States
519 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yakimaboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$2 for lunch, $97,588.00 to go
Pillar of the Community
United States
5012 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spent $16 in dollar coins at the beer store.

$97,572 to go
Pillar of the Community
United States
519 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yakimaboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Spent $16 in dollar coins at the beer store.

You meant halves, right?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5012 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You meant halves, right?

Wrong thread.

Rewind it back to $97,588.

Can't we all just get along and go back to the old days and the way it was.

I actually have to plan out my spending now to make sure I have enough of one denomination for a planned purchase so as not to have to break it up into to multiple post count fluffing posts
Edited by jack jeckel
01/28/2016 11:11 pm
Learn More...
United States
13406 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
multiple post count fluffing posts

sometimes I spent 8-10 dollar coins per day, sometimes I only spend 1. I might spend one later if I need a snack, but my drive is food and not "post count fluffing"
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
3637 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2016  01:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
4198 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2016  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
spent $1.50 at Dick's drive in (Seattle folk will know what I am talking about)

Yup. I haven't been there in a few years, but it sure is good. Too bad the hamburgers aren't only $0.19 anymore.
Page: of 54 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05