Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Project $100K - Circulating US Dollar Coins

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 94
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kevin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spent 10 dollar roll of Kennedy halves at sub way yesterday for me and my son to have lunch.

98,521 to go
Pillar of the Community
United States
4198 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wrong thread. Halves go here.

$98,531
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FDRLincoln to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My wife has agreed to participate in the "spending dollar coins" project. She thinks the dollar bill should be eliminated.

Her first contribution to the project:

2 $ac spent at McDonalds in Lawrence, KS

$98,529 to go.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8784 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$2 for coffee. Not sure if they were Sacs or Prez.

$98,527.
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FDRLincoln to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 Pres $ spent at Starbucks (Garfield, Van Buren, Grant)

$98,524.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4198 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spent two Sacs today.

$98,522
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FDRLincoln to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So what do you think happens to the dollar coins we spent? I assume the stores deposit them at their local bank...but from there, do the banks then send them to the Fed where they sit in a vault?
Valued Member
United States
111 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mikey Air to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$10 in golden coins at the Post Office.

$98,512 to go
Learn More...
United States
13416 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So what do you think happens to the dollar coins we spent? I assume the stores deposit them at their local bank...but from there, do the banks then send them to the Fed where they sit in a vault?

I get my dollar coin rolls from my bank, so I believe the ones they get do return to circulation
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Learn More...
United States
13416 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
10 SAC$ for dinner
4 SAC$ for a new mouse pad (I know there is another one somewhere in this house)
=========
14 total

$98,498 to go
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
4198 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Since dollar coins circulate widely, I suppose they just keep going around. Everything I spend comes from change.
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FDRLincoln to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never received dollar coins in change anywhere except the post office, so I have to get them from the bank. I love them and won't stop using them. . .I just hope my bank doesn't stop carrying them. :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
4198 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I prefer spending halves. However, I can only get them from the bank. With dollar coins, I get them from many businesses, and vending machines as well. Go to any store in my area and look in the register drawer, and there are plenty of them that the cashiers hand out.
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2016  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FDRLincoln to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We must live in very different areas. No store I frequent ever has any...even the ones I have spent them at, lol
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2016  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FDRLincoln to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 Sac (2000-D) spent at Dunn Brothers Coffee in Lawrence, KS
3 Pres (Taylor, Fillmore, Buchanan) spent at Dunn Brothers

Clerk said "cool" when I handed him the coins.

$98,494 to go.

Page: of 94 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05