Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Project $100k - Circulating Us Dollar Coins

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 107
Learn More...
United States
14163 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2019  01:37 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
24 Pre$ for lunch with my Mother Tuesday
21 Pre$ for gas in my truck yesterday
===
45 total

$71,017 to go
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2019  08:52 am  Show Profile   Check BrandaBob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Throughout the week:

Last Monday: $2 (Pres and SAC) on an Orange Creme Coke
Saturday: $1 (SAC) on Lays Poppables (Rice cake like chips)
Sunday: $6 (2 Pres and 4 SACs) on an Impossible Whopper

$9 in total

I've discovered my niche with small dollars is using them to try out new food products, all of which I gotta admit are pretty alright, especially that vegan whopper which was great for a vegetarian like myself (On a side note that transaction was in fact in person, went better than usual, yay)

$71,008 to go
Learn More...
United States
14163 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2019  01:01 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
16 Pre$ at grocery store Sunday
21 Pre$ taking my Mother out for lunch Tuesday
8 Pre$ at grocery store Wednesday
===
45 total

$70,963 to go

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2019  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add winterfell to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spent 2 SBA's and 1 SAC on some beer today, $3 in total.

$70,960 to go
Pillar of the Community
United States
1068 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2019  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spent $13 at the grocery store.

$70,947 to go
Pillar of the Community
United States
1529 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An interesting interaction last night:

Went by the bank to cash a couple of checks yesterday. The teller saw that one check was from my local coin club. She asked if I wanted an old dollar coin in her tray. YES! Well, it was a bicentennial Ike, but I gave her a buck for it.

After work, I went to Lifeway to get a couple of things. I used a $2 bill in the payment and the young lady was interested in something unusual. I told her about the dollar coin I had in my pocket and she asked to see it. She seemed fascinated by it, so I gave it to her and said "happy birthday!" I told her that if she got bored with it she could always spend it. She said, no - she was going to keep it. When I left she was still looking it over and showing it to another lady. Maybe a new coin collector being born!
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Check BrandaBob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How cool is that? It's refreshing to see someone be interested in small dollars as opposed to annoyed, that's always the case for me.

Reminds me of a similar event that happened a few weeks ago. More or less the inverse of yours, as I got a coffee from Chick-fil-A one morning and got a $2 bill in change. Unbelievable! This had never happened to me before during any other transaction, and I happily spent it later that week (felt justified doing so since it wasn't a birthday card $2 like most of my others)

Anyway not much activity on the dollar side recently, but I donated a SAC to a local animal rescue organization at Petsmart

$70,946 to go
Learn More...
United States
14163 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2019  02:32 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since my last post to this thread:
113 Pre$
246 SAC$
132 SBA$
====
488 total

$70,458 to go

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
702 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
352 Ike's circulated since my last post.
3 new people interested in the hobby one of which has started coin roll hunting.

$70,106 to go
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2019  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Check BrandaBob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got a little souvenir button from a music festival recently, part of my payment was a SAC dollar and Kennedy half. The teller was pleasantly surprised and told me her coworker on break was going to be thrilled with my change, clearly another collector on our hands, awesome!

$70,105 to go
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Check BrandaBob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not much since last time, but I used a SAC$ as part of my purchase at a Walmart self checkout.

$70,104 to go
Pillar of the Community
United States
1068 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gave two dollar coins as part of a tip over the weekend.

$70,102 to go
Learn More...
United States
14163 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  01:29 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since my last post to this thread:
324 Pre$
396 SAC$ (last SAC$ for now)
138 SBA$ (last SBA$ for now)
14 Ike$
===
872 total

$69,230 to go

Total Ike$ Spent on this Project 100K = 1577

Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  10:43 am  Show Profile   Check BrandaBob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spent 3 SAC$ on a little scratch off as a bonus birthday gift for a friend (Ended up a $5 winner, woot woot)

$69,227 to go
Page: of 107 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05