Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Junk Silver Prices Thread - Report In Here

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2015  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Turbolag to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lowest ive found was 15x face but that was a month ago, havent had any $ to buy any this month
Pillar of the Community
United States
3710 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2015  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
12/19/2015

13X face. Typical stuff, although a bit light on halves.

Circulated Morgan dollars $23 and Peace dollars for $20.
Valued Member
United States
374 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2015  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MichioKaku to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup. 15x face when it should be less than 10x
Pillar of the Community
United States
500 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2015  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfusion to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rough (cleaned, holed, bent polished etc.) Peace and Morgans $20
face x 14 on the rest which is mostly roosies, washingtons and kennedys.
Valued Member
United States
108 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2015  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At my local coin show the cheapest was 12.5X for for Washington quarters or Roosevelt dimes, 14X for Walking Liberty half dollars and 19 dollars for average Morgan of Peace dollars. Spot was at $14. It might be a good idea to include spot price in our posts for future references.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3710 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2015  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It might be a good idea to include spot price in our posts for future references.

Sounds like a good idea.
Valued Member
United States
132 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2015  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mendelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally found a LCS near me that sells junk silver 90% at $11xface, which is the best I can find.

But due to finding this just yesterday, I have to wait till January to buy. I can wait.
Valued Member
United States
302 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2015  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mmerlinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CL ad selling 400 pre-64 quarters at 12x today. Spot at $14.48.

Local LCS prices here (http://www.goldsilversupply.com/gol...ion-portland). Currently at 13.48x face.
Edited by mmerlinn
12/28/2015 02:03 am
Pillar of the Community
1153 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2015  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CSOTUS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're all lucky. My LCS is 20x face on common date rosies mercs and Washington quarters.
Valued Member
United States
276 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2015  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoggingLiberty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't pay 20x just go to any bullion dealer online
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16020 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2015  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
13 or 14 X face OK for me as well, but that HAS to be in Australian dollars. ($1 Australian will buy me $0.72 U.S.)

That means AU$1.35 or less for a U.S. dime.
You won't find bulk 90% dimes in Australian dealers' junk boxes, but you can be lucky enough to find single 90% Roosies or lowball Mercs for an AUDollar each.
That's U.S. $7.2 X face.

Small wonder that my junk silver stash grows so slowly, but neverless, it DOES in fact grow.
Actually I buy all World silver on the cheap if I can, as a side issue. I am really on the lookout for World coins (junk silver included) in the higher price junk bins. generally
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2016  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earendil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Regular junk silver is still holding firm at 12x face where I am (with silver at roughly $13.85/ ounce). However, selection and overall availability at my two local coin stores is almost nil.

The inventory of one remains at the same extremely low level it was two weeks ago; there are just $10 or $15 face in the bin, split between cull Mercury dimes, assorted Roosevelt dimes, mixed Washington quarters, and a few polished 1964 Kennedy halves.

At the other, the "story" is much the same. I picked up $5 face in 90% silver half-dollars (1 1963 Franklin Half-Dollar, and 9 1964 Kennnedy Half-Dollars) there the other day, but that pretty much wiped them out of anything even remotely interesting. Otherwise, they had a few Roosevelt dimes and Washington quarters.

At a local flea market I visit on a weekly basis, I have fairly regular access to a better selection of junk silver at 14x face. However, with a 40% premium tacked on, I usually just stick with Walking Liberty Half-Dollars and "dated" Standing Liberty quarters (in large part because they're quite difficult to find where I am). As far as anything else goes--Mercury Dimes, Roosevelt dimes, Washington quarters, Franklin Half-Dollars, and Kennedy Half-Dollars--I can't see overpaying by that much for it.

For some odd reason, 40% silver half-dollars are commanding a larger premium than 90% silver right now, at least where I am. Both local stores I visited this week were asking $2.50 apiece for them (a roughly 25% premium over their current silver value).
Edited by Earendil
01/03/2016 5:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
898 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2016  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add duncanbishop24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Roosevelts/Washingtons 11.9x FV
Mercury/Walking Liberty 13x

Peace/Morgan 20-30 depending on condition.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3710 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2016  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1/9/2016: Silver at 13.93

Went to my favorite local coin shop today. They didn't have much junk silver, only worn Washington quarters & Mercury dimes, but the price was good. 11.5x face, the cheapest I've seen it offered in my area. Needless to say I got some.
Edited by Joe2007
01/09/2016 3:43 pm
Valued Member
United States
276 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2016  01:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoggingLiberty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
someone tell me what this is all about: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-lot-of...AOSwFqJWjMtr
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05