Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Women On Banknotes

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
596 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2019  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Poland note ShareBear
Pillar of the Community
Canada
770 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2019  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Marie Curie is the only nobel prize winner featured on the banknotes of 2 different countries. France and Poland.

-Nice add "ShareBear." Now I wouldn't mind getting me one of those -as I always admired Marie Currie (except I would prefer the "issued" banknote versus the folder one). Must check out the French version too. (Yikes- just saw its P160 quite pricey & their 500 Francs note!)
Edited by walk2dwater
10/25/2019 4:51 pm
Valued Member
Canada
325 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2019  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
France 160a 1994 500 Francs

The note has been demonetized so it has no face value and in this condition costs around $6. In UNC it is around $40.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
770 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2019  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
France 160a 1994 500 Francs
The note has been demonetized so it has no face value and in this condition costs around $6. In UNC it is around $40.

-yes, and 98% of them are 160a (1994) on eBay but I could only find 1 or 2 of the 160b (1996) & the same for P160d (2000) which makes the later examples that much more collectible in my books.
Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2019  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ShareBear - Like all French notes, this was a great series - and this was my favorite note from that series. Still an attractive note even with the crinkles.
- Dave L
IBNS #9984
http://www.banknoteden.com
Learn More...
United States
82585 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
325 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2019  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The third note with Marie Curie. She was featured on 2 notes from Poland and 1 from France.

Poland 152 1989 20000 Zlotych

Pillar of the Community
Canada
770 Posts
Learn More...
United States
82585 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
596 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2019  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Greek goddess Athena Piraeus on this 100 Drachma (1978)

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
596 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2019  03:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Queen Elizabeth II on this Bank of England 1 sig. D.H.F Somerset(1981), the 'DY' letter prefix was one of the last 'runs' of the note. If one could find, say a 1981 'Somerset' 1 note with 'DY 21' as a prefix it would be pretty collectible. The 'Somerset' 1 notes have a small w on the back and some minor colour enhancements from the previous series - sig. J.B. Page (1978)
I miss the 1 notes to be honest, never really been keen on the 1 coins.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2448 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2019  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting conversation concerning the Marie Curie note. I always liked that series and picked it up out of circulation back in the day... you guys made me check mine out and it is a 160a which is minty except for a pin hole... the French used to pin the notes together though I think?

The set of french notes cost me face value which at the time was ten francs to the pound, so the demonetisation sees them currently at a loss, though it is always nice to have hunted the notes down in the wild.

Concerning the 1 it was still actually worth something in the 80's... now it doesn't even cover a bus fare which now costs 1.50 (back then it was 5 bus fares)
Edited by DavidUK
11/03/2019 08:31 am
Learn More...
United States
82585 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
325 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really liked this note and had to get it. It fit 2 categories. Women on Banknotes and Paper Money Errors.

It is one of my favorites. I prefer to collect the extra paper errors because they are hard to fake.

I do not collect polymer errors because more of them are fake.

PMG will not grade or certify Polymer Errors.

Philippines 211c 2017 1000 Piso Error

Edited by ShareBear
11/19/2019 7:01 pm
Learn More...
United States
82585 Posts
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.15 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05