Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Women On Banknotes

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 599 / Views: 41,707Next Topic
Page: of 40
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
739 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful French banknote erafjel.
Learn More...
United States
87505 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10494 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spectacular French note there, erafjel.

I also like that Nicaraguan note with the turtles.

Great notes, as usual.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
835 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a beautiful banknote, erafjel.

I follow this topic because I like seeing beautiful women's faces portrayed skillfully on banknotes produced with the intaglio printing process.

The artistic styles that portray face profiles with a nearly straight line from the top of the forehead to the tip of the nose have always been a curiosity to me. The same goes for coins like the US Morgan dollar or the Barber series.

I like to see realistic depictions of faces, like the face of the young lady on this Bohemia and Moravia 10 Korun Bohemia and Moravia note.

Learn More...
United States
87505 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like to see realistic depictions of faces, like the face of the young lady on this Bohemia and Moravia 10 Korun Bohemia and Moravia note.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
933 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I follow this topic because I like seeing beautiful women's faces portrayed skillfully on banknotes

-I hear you!
Nice add from Bohemia and Moravia "Classic Coins"
(& beautiful 5000 Franc note "Erafjel")
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
739 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  08:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another large banknote (25.5cm x 12cm) with Catherine The Great, pictured & also as watermark.
Russia 100 ruble (1910)

*apologies if pic is a little blurred as I had to reduce the resolution for the 300kb limit.
Learn More...
United States
87505 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is another large banknote (25.5cm x 12cm) with Catherine The Great, pictured & also as watermark.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
739 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
835 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, walk2dwater and jbuck.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
537 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A paper type white and red 1 goldmark note from Osterwieck.

You can also find this note made of leather! I haven't got a clue who the ladies are.......
Learn More...
United States
87505 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A paper type white and red 1 goldmark note from Osterwieck.
Very nice!

Quote:
You can also find this note made of leather!
Interesting. Do you have an example or is that on your list to be acquired?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
537 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  08:09 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here you go......

You can get other coloured leather pieces too.......but all mine are now sold.
Learn More...
United States
87505 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
933 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one is an engraving of a huge shift in power: the swearing in of Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo as president of the Philippines (P-195c):

kind of cool as she's neither a queen, "commoner" nor an allegorical/symbolic figure- but an actual head of state.
Page: of 40 Replies: 599 / Views: 41,707Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05