Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Have Any Modern Errors?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1507 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2014 quarter the beads are right up against the edge of the rim on both sides. I have checked a pile of these 2014 and this is the only one so far. I have seen.

Valued Member
Canada
300 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add XWLCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Weird. I would love to hear the explanation for that 2014.
Collar error? Die variety?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2187 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paulsz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That does look like a wider rim than usual
If you have any of the following Canadian coins for sale, message me:
1. 1937 Mirror specimen coins.
2. 1908 or 1911 specimen coins, in any specimen grade.
3. Any George VI specimen coins
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2632 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alexer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can we see the rim on that one Rocky?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1507 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2013 toonie doubled the obverse. the whole obverse is doubled. that is all the way around the coin. plus it is like it shifted and a little on the reverse. here is the photos

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1507 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
is this what you mean pennyman. the coin looks like it a little bigger than a quarter. its the same size its like there was to much metal. it had to go some where

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2632 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2016  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alexer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I meant the rim edge, the reeding..sorry I should have stated that.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
939 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2016  02:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canacoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My terminology isn't up to snuff so... Looks like the coin is like a retreaded tire.The old tire lost its tread (no reeding),outer rim new tread (new reeding).I also noticed the top of the coins new "tread"is thinner than
the bottom .
I placed a 2014 25cent on a 2014 twoonie,no match. Didn't have a Fifty cent handy.
An interesting coin. Nice find Rocky!
"If you going to err,do it with flair . That way you'll remember and not repeat the mistake"

W.R.Robertson
R.I.P.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2016  02:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altaira to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JimmyD I'm not sure that's a legit error. The plating on these MPPS coins can be removed electrochemically.

rocky that toonie is interesting. It looks like it might be a doubled die from the notching, but at the same time looks MD at some places. Maybe start a new thread and ask for the doubled die experts? I'll keep an eye out for another one like it, IF I can find a 2013 toonie in my change.
Toronto Coin Club www.torontocoinclub.ca
Office of the Secretary
Meetings 3rd Mondays at 7 PM
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2162 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2016  07:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some Uncirculated Sets from 2013 had both $2 and $1
doubling. Here is a set with both. SPP mentioned Hub
Doubling in this thread.
http://goccf.com/t/144604

Coin World did a story on the two coins here and noted -
"identified the Loon dollar as probably showing Class IV
Offset Hub Doubling", good eye on the notching Slurexe97.
http://www.coinworld.com/news/world...d-dies.html#

I see this set for sale for $50 at Imaginaire.
http://www.imaginaire.com/indexv2.j...s=&langue=en

RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Edited by SilverDon
01/29/2016 07:36 am
Learn More...
Canada
8251 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2016  08:38 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rocky, you have mail...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Learn More...
Canada
8251 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2016  08:41 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A scarce error for the series, a 2009 clipped loon dollar.

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
456 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2016  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chadcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found only a couple of these in the past, its the leg of the A in REGINA.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1375 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2016  01:07 am  Show Profile   Check canadian-varieties's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1375 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2016  01:08 am  Show Profile   Check canadian-varieties's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05