Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Have Any Modern Errors?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1381 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2016  01:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2845 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2016  01:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wildflowerAB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I notice the bluenose, the copper under the sails. It gives the illusion that the deck's on fire and the flames are also reflecting in areas of the sky around the parameter of the sails.

That's a spectacular foreign planchet error!
Valued Member
Canada
50 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2016  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fenian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of my favorite errors that I dug out of safekeeping to look at:

It is a real beauty of a coin, my second favorite of my whole collection
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2183 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2016  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fenian to the forum.

Not sure but that looks like a vice job.

Edit - my error
RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Edited by SilverDon
03/23/2016 7:40 pm
Learn More...
Canada
8408 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2016  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope. That looks legit to me.

That is an almost full reverse brockage, and an early one too. It does have the ghosting of the queen, probably from the anvil die cap. 2005 is the easy year to find 25c coins off-centred and broadstruck. Is yours also broadstruck Fenian (does it have any reeding)?
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
532 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2016  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fixguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow nice error Fenian
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2187 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2016  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paulsz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a nice one! thanks for sharing it. A real beauty
If you have any of the following Canadian coins for sale, message me:
1. 1937 Mirror specimen coins.
2. 1908 or 1911 specimen coins, in any specimen grade.
3. Any George VI specimen coins
Valued Member
Canada
50 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2016  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fenian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@SPP_Ottawa I had a chance to look at it and it has full normal reeding on the edge. I am contemplating hitting the RCNA convention this year, I may have to bring some goodies along.
Valued Member
Canada
50 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2016  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fenian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another one, sorry for the poor photo but this one is currently in the SDB.

2006 loonie with no aureate plating.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2187 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2016  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paulsz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And the 1972, is that a mule? I feel like that obverse started in 73
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2187 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2016  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paulsz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope I'm wrong, started in 72
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1312 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2016  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2009 Five Cent on Ten Cent Planchet

Learn More...
Canada
8408 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2016  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Zonad... you were missed this last week when Tim was out here and fishing/coining with us...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Learn More...
Canada
8408 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2016  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The most recent 1c struck on 10c planchet that I own...

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2187 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2016  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paulsz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice errors

Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05