Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Have Any Modern Errors?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1507 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2018  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thehammer77 thank you. I would like to see that coin. that is a keeper for sure. chad great photo you have a great eye. I am getting ready to really go at the dimes. I want to find a small bead 2008 dime. I have already ordered my 2018 coin rolls.
Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2018  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add W2WGW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have no pictures as yet but have a 2000 Canadian Creativity quarter with what I call paddle swirls
on each of the 2nd and third paddles. There are small thin spurs coming off each paddle that look
like water movement when one dips a paddle in water. Caught my eye when going through change.
Have not seen another when I went through 4 rolls of the same coin. Be interested if anyone has seen
anything similar.
Valued Member
Canada
279 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2018  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add castor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello W2WGW

This is what you are talking about I guess?

There are two of these pieces on page # 1 of this link.

Photo of this link.

http://www.numicanada.com/forum/vie...ativit%C3%A9
Valued Member
Canada
145 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2018  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Awesome Guys Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a 2000P coin, found while searching through old change. Does that count as error?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4185 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2018  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it is a 25 cent or 10 cent, not really an error but the stupid way the RCM creates test coins with the original designs
Edited by john100
03/14/2018 12:10 pm
Learn More...
Canada
8251 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2018  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...and if it is a 50-cent, well, that came out of a clock given to select employees of the mint..
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1507 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2018  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2007 25 cent Canadian quarter heavy doubling with shift. plus what appears to be a heavy die clash on the queen. also and effect known as ghosting. around the front of the queens bust. need you Paul to do an overlay. if you do not mind thank you here is the image
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1507 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2018  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1994 Canadian 50 cent coin. possible double die. I for one am not sure. if this is die doubled or die doubling. any thoughts greatly appreciated thank you

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1507 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2018  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2017 Canadian 150 year loonie. missing lighthouse door. parcel steps going up to the lighthouse. on the train this might be a strike through.

Valued Member
Canada
145 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2018  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Awesome Guys Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have a 2000P coin, found while searching through old change. Does that count as error?
For above, 2000P coin, it was a nickel. So does it count?
Learn More...
Canada
8251 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  12:05 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a recent acquisition... a nice 2006 copper-plated steel (magnetic) off-centre strike, with a considerable rim fin.

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
68 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalmBud to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2010 nickel

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1507 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2018  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2017 Canadian 150 year loonie lots going on this coin. the steps are like a dark hole. the roof is missing on the silo. the windows on the lower rows of the parlament building are missing. I think not sure if it is die polishing. there is a form climbing the parlament building. there is a spaceship floating under the word canada. there is another alien standing in front of the fire on the railroad bridge. there is a dot on the lighthouse rope railing.this is only some of the stuff on this coin.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1507 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2018  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2017 Canadian 150 year loonie. I mentioned posible die polishing for some of the missing items on the coin. that would not be correct. because of more information from the mint. have a great one
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1507 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2018  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2018 1 OZ canada historical stamp. parliament building 1927 stamp. 20 dollar coin stamp like it. the obverse is a DDO. the reverse is slightly shifted. enjoy have a great one

Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05