Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Solid Mint Roll

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 2,374Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2016  3:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sportfanatic1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Opinions: Do you guys think this is a solid mint roll or not? If so, do you suggest I open it or leave it intact, especially since it is tail-tail.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4044 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2016  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the point? The are all one cent coins with the same denominations. The tail-tail has no significant value. IMHO.
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2016  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sportfanatic1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was referencing the tail-tail in a negative way. If this was obverse showing where I could verify the year and mint mark and be reasonable sure it was a solid roll, I would certainly keep it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4044 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2016  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you want a sold roll of current certain dated coins the only way I know of is buying direct from the U.S Mint.
Let me add that most banks get new rolls of cents that have all the same year and mint mark.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4244 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2016  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few months ago I got two boxes of solid 2015-D cents. I just dumped them.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2016  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is bank wrapped roll, different than a mint wrapped roll.

There is a good chance they are all the same year and
mint mark. With out knowing what the date and mint mark,
and if this is in fact a full BU or not. Then this roll
is worth face value.

If you open the roll and they are all nice BU coins, and
I liked them. I would put them in a coin tube and save them.

A current roll of BU coins, does not trade for much over face.

I hold on to them when I find them. I have some going back to the 1970's.
value.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2016  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they are opened and solid date, put 'em in a plastic tube.

You might find an AMAZING error , or not.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2016  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You might start out with a few rolls

And end up with more than a few

Learn More...
United States
87472 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2016  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You might start out with a few rolls

And end up with more than a few
Pillar of the Community
United States
7254 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2016  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And those are just your pennies
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2016  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OP: Like other have said, the roll is from bank, not mint.... you may make some money (or NOT) selling on eBay OR just open and pick out the good one. These are very common at this time.

GR58: I like your setup, what kind of box are you using to hold those rolls? They seemed study and not too heavy, compare to other larger size boxes for rolls.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2016  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And those are just your pennies

Yes .. those are all pennies .. U.S. cents
Lincoln, Indian head and large cents.

After looking at the pictures, I see that is not all
of them.

Missing are a box, that have rolls of 2009 cents, maybe
another 20 rolls. Also I know there are a couple medium
size bags of cents.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2016  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like your setup, what kind of box are you using to hold those rolls?

The boxes I bought from Wizard coin supply. I do like them.
They are 50 roll boxes, the matching covers are behind the
albums.

Wizard also have 20 roll nickel boxes, where the rolls lay down.
I use those nickel boxes for nickel rolls, but also rolls
of cents fit into the same boxes. I keep my 2009 cents
in those nickel roll boxes.

From Wizard I also picked up dime, quarter, half dollar,
and dollar roll boxes.

I do like rolls of coins
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2016  12:04 am  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks GR58.
You just cost me $170.....hehehe.
Since they have a promotion for $10 shipping, I had to maximize it and order a whole bunch of supplies + 2017 Special Edition Red Book.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2016  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kevin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you just got them there is a good chance it is a 2016 roll,you could go to where you got them from and ask if they have been getting 2016 rolls in that may help.
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2016  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kevin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am still waiting to get a 2016 roll of pennies where I live at in va.i haven't been able to find 1 2016 penny yet.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 2,374Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05