Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Cancer Has Returned.

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1046 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2016  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add torgemco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i am sad hearing this news.
i have lost 2 very long time friends
this year alone, from cancer.
so it touched home with me.
i wish you all the strength to
kick it to the curb
best wishes

Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2016  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JSW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know you but I pray for another recovery. God can do ALL things.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7649 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2016  11:26 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hang in there Pete !
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
3110 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2016  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Check Pete2226's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pete2226 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, everyone for your support! It means so much to me. I am still quite exhausted from my radiation treatments, but starting to feel a little better (perhaps!). My Androgen Deprivation Treatments are to continue for another year or 2 or longer. I now have a fairly solid understanding of what it means to have hot flashes! My sympathies with all those who have had to go through that! Not fun!

I am still determined to fight this beast! We hope to be able to leave for vacation in a couple of months...quite a challenge the way I feel now, but I am determined to do it unless my doctors say not to.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4809 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2016  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rackster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are maintaining a positive attitude and outlook. Keep at it Pete!! You have the backing of many!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2514 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2016  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've beaten back the tide of cancer once already, with a little help from some friends. OK, a lot of help.

One day at a time, sometimes one step at a time; just don't fall down! Get yourself a cane, a walker, a wheelchair, whatever it takes, don't fall.

Vacation? Where ya going? Don't forget your buck it list.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3110 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2016  08:38 am  Show Profile   Check Pete2226's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pete2226 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think, for vacation, we are heading north - to Wyoming. We live in South Texas on the coast, so it is quite a trip. We used to make it an a motorhome, but sold it last year because I didn't think I could handle driving it or setting up anymore. I guess I had a premonition of things to come!

Making this trip without pets, so will have a little more freedom. I am posting a photo of some of our pets, past and present. We used to take them with us.

Thanks, again, everyone for your support.

Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2016  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JC Stevens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If your trip North has you in Colorado Springs June 24th to 26th stop by the Colorado Springs Coin show and say "Hi".

JC
Pillar of the Community
United States
3110 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2016  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Check Pete2226's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pete2226 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If your trip North has you in Colorado Springs June 24th to 26th stop by the Colorado Springs Coin show and say "Hi".

JC

Thanks for the invitation! Unfortunately I have more scans, tests, and Doctor's appointments over the next 6+ weeks, so departure will not be until after that.
Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2016  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RCook to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love the pictures of the pets. I too am a dog lover, my dog Bear will be 12 years old in November and still has more energy than me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2514 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2016  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dropped in to say, "Hi! I am thinking of you." I, too, had a stage 4 cancer.

This hitting you reminds me that it's waiting to raise it's ugly head again. The malignancy, along with 28, of 31, cancerous lymph nodes were removed. I had my Doctor administering a near lethal dose of a three drug cocktail. He was on vacation one week and his boss came into the room looking at my chart, eyes big as saucers, saying, "Oh my God, you're toxic!"

I replied, "Ahhhh, just as I specified. We're good." No we weren't, he took me offen the pump for a week.

I wore that pump for five and a half months, until half way through my cyber-knife treatment. I had the radiation over Christmas and New Years, pleasing my radiologist when she realized I had turned four weeks of treatment into five weeks. Any day you miss is added onto the end of your treatment cycle. My wife, an ICU Registered Nurse and Registered Respiratory Therapist, decided the pump needed to be pulled one day saying that I was 'sinking'. No argument put forth, I could feel it.

After all of that, that cancer was dead. Now the problem is that it arose from a tumor, and they send out colonist cells allllll over your body. They are dormant until the original, which was removed, stops sending out a chemical or prion signal.

Yeah, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick. And no telling how it might express itself. I lost 65 pounds the first go round, but have put back on 25. I may need it.

Ya know, my wife was able to look at the blood gases and tell a Doctor the electrolytes needed to STOP a heart attack. They would request her for their own relatives, she would be assigned to VIPs. She saved my life with her experience and training.

Anyhow, something to look at. They have discovered a developmental glitch in RNA, from millions of years ago, that can be fixed. Fix the glitch and no errors in DNA transcription. Go figure.

Oh, and they have discovered a new atomic envelope that is pear shaped, not global, disk, or 'rugby ball'. It is pear shaped and the points of all of such atoms point in the same direction. Possibly makes past time travel impossible. I would debate that.

There was something else.... I remember! They have discovered a Dengue fever anti-body that is actually more effective against Kiva. They both attach to cells in the same similar way. If you have had Dengue, Kiva is much more virulent. Go google.

I try to learn something new each and every day, enjoy this one, Pete2226.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3110 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2016  03:22 am  Show Profile   Check Pete2226's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pete2226 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like you have really been through it...so sorry!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2514 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2016  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am exhausted! Bought a house and in week two of a four week move. I'm starting to wish the rental had burned down and I could have all new stuff delivered.

It could be a much shorter move, but I, and my friends, are getting old. And then there's all that health mucky-muck.

Live life Pete, live it to death!
Edited by Parklane64
07/31/2016 01:46 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3110 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2016  03:17 am  Show Profile   Check Pete2226's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pete2226 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on the new house! I have decided that, as I age and health deteriorates, I must realize that I am moving to a new stage in life. Perhaps I do not have to function as quickly as I used to!
Valued Member
United States
73 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2016  03:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Misfit Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Prayers to you and your loved ones. Live your days happy healthy and wise.
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05