Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ever Wonder How Many Lincoln Cents Were Made From 1909-2006?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 65 / Views: 5,666Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
United States
388 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2016  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JC Stevens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you get the spreadsheet done I'd like a copy if you make it available.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54561 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2016  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It will be on Excel format. I can transfer a copy to you when that happens. (just remind me)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4321 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2016  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now we need to add the number from 2007 to date, and it will need to be updated annually.

When will the mint publish the totals for 2105?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5964 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2016  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinMasters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does the mint make coins year round or at set times during the year or what?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5964 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2016  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinMasters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll take another stab at reading a number I can't really fathom.
438,516,828,339 = four hundred thirty eight billion, five hundred sixteen million, eight hundred twenty eight thousand, three hundred thirty nine. I think I got it right this time. Divide it by 100 and that should be the dollar amount. 1/2 of that is the number of rolls. Divide that by 23.5, then times it by 1 1/3. The answer is the number of Doubled Dies.

Quote:
If you averaged 1 1/3 doubled dies in every 23 1/2 rolls, how many doubled dies would you find?

Trouble is you'd have to figure it all long hand. I don't know of a calculator wide enough to display the answer.
Valued Member
299 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2016  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The single most reproduced image in the history of the world
Pillar of the Community
United States
740 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2016  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BlueSolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll take another stab at reading a number I can't really fathom.

CoinMasters: To help you fathom, here is an article of an event in New York I had the pleasure of seeing in person. There is ~100,000,000 pennies. Now imagine 4,385 of these lots.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2...center/?_r=0
http://www.thegeminiweb.com/babyboomer/?p=1434

Pillar of the Community
United States
1174 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2016  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hello There to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't know of a calculator wide enough to display the answer.

I used a graphing calculator last year for my statistics class and it could calculate nearly everything, including this. Too bad I rented it from the school and don't have one.

You could also play games on it (not that I did )
Pillar of the Community
United States
624 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2016  12:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mayflower2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 500,000,000,000th should get a special NGC Slab.
Pillar of the Community
United States
624 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2016  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mayflower2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Half a Trillion sounds cooler than 500 Billion I think...
Pillar of the Community
United States
740 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2016  01:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BlueSolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The calculator that comes with windows does the job up to 16 digits

Pillar of the Community
United States
5964 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2016  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinMasters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When computers first came out they took up a whole large room. I don't know how large the screen was though, they wouldn't let me near it. I did buy the first pc, the Commodore Vic 20. Most functions had to be programmed. the screen was a television. I must confess it had a game port also. If I can find the time, I will do the equation long hand and we will know the number of Doubled Dies.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54561 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2016  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got all the way to the 2015 cents, but not the proofs from 2009-S-2015-S Getting closer. I even found the 1965-1967 results from all three mints. Both business strike and SMS.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
United States
1553 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2016  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sudz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Re-checked all new total= 438,516,828,339

Since a Lincoln Cent is .75 inches wide and .0598 inches deep, if you stacked them all on top of each other (think very tall coin roll) they would reach the moon and come almost 80% of the way back to earth, -or-, if you laid them rim to rim along the equator, they would go around the earth 13,207,807 times and change.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54561 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2016  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I got almost all the figures. Just missing the 2014-S & 2015-S cents figures. But here is the new total:
Richard S. Cooper

Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 65 / Views: 5,666Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: