Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your *error Notes* Thread

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 81 / Views: 9,539Next Topic
Page: of 6
Valued Member
262 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2016  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollectorKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some of these are very cool and it's amazing they made it into circulation. But some of them I wonder how the heck could they have been missed? I know they look over millions of sheets but say one with huge ink smears or completely missing half of the note (blank side) how can you miss that... Maybe a lazy worker who didn't even check...
Pillar of the Community
United States
814 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2016  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GoldenChest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent errors people! I can't wait to start collecting them again. These are the only 3 I have. The $10 was a circulation find and I found the others in an antique mall for around $100 combined.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3243 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2016  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love seeing everyone's error notes....such a great variety.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11125 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2016  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are outstanding!

How does a serial number mismatch occur? Does a "digit wheel" get stuck?
Edited by CelticKnot
04/17/2016 11:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
814 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2016  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GoldenChest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's usually how it happens yes. Sometimes multiple wheels will. Those are very rare tho
Valued Member
262 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2016  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollectorKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have that 3rd print shift error on a 1969C $1...

So I won this 1969C $5 with a Gutterfold

Pillar of the Community
United States
1285 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2016  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a few:
==

==

==

==
Edited by techwriter
04/18/2016 8:06 pm
Valued Member
262 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2016  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollectorKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are notes with the overprint on the reverse a highly sought after note within the error community? I've got my eyes on one, but man.. It's expensive (For being a small size) But I like it... Hmm
Edited by CollectorKing
04/18/2016 9:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
814 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2016  02:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GoldenChest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A full transfer is rather hard to find IMO. They are pretty common in UNC grades so I'd definetly go for one that's 65+ to get the best note for the money you spend
Valued Member
262 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2016  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollectorKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think we are confusing errors golden, (if you were talking to me lol) I mean the notes wih the 3rd print on the reverse side.. (serial, frb, seal, missing in the front because it was stamped on the back side)
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2016  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tech418 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey! Very nice pieces. Here are a couple from my collection.

Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2016  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tech418 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I figure the notes get "missed" then get I missed in the auction houses fro a BEP employee. Hmmm
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2016  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tech418 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is unmissed and from. This phone does not know how to type
Pillar of the Community
United States
3243 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2016  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am very suspicious of your 2009 New York $1 FRN serial B30702776D.

Looks like some shenanigans going on there. I believe that error is post-BEP.
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2016  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tech418 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Steve. I thought the same. It looks as though the smear is consistent with the print in the top dark ink. The reverse is clean. How would I tell? Thanks for your input. J
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 81 / Views: 9,539Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05