Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Harriet Tubman Will Replace Andrew Jackson From The Face Of The $20

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40501 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2016  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well said. Jackson was a great hero, just ask the folks in New Orleans for a start.

At least Hamilton will continue to bug jbuck every time he breaks a Tubman, and that's some consolation!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10016 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2016  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the xkcd post jbuck. Hilarious.

propos (of course) and reminds me I need to go visit the site and catch up on back web comics.
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2016  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add snowman24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with some/alot saying that the SBA dollar coins are ugly
if I remember right...everyone wanted a woman with women rights
on the new coin.. not Lady Liberty

what do you think when the Harriet Tubman bills come out ?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40501 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2016  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have read that it could be some time - perhaps several years or more. Apparently he $20 needs new security features before the money is spent to re-engrave it with a new portrait. At least this is what I have read, no idea if it is correct.
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2016  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack316 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have absolutely no issue with our Founding Fathers, and other important historical contributors who laid the foundations of our country and our liberty being represented on our currency and coinage. There will always be more than one side to every discussion.

For instance, a person may idolize the likeness of Dwight Eisenhower on a dollar coin, and also be the loudest voice that Liberty should be the only likeness on our currency. You really cannot, EVER, please everyone.

I would be totally happy to see only the mythological likeness of Liberty on all of our money, if I thought it would end the bickering. It won't. There would be a never- ending-debate over whether Lady Liberty should be classically rendered, or perhaps updated to portray a more modern, ethnically inclusive depiction. Let's face it, as much as most of us love her, Lady Liberty doesn't really look like all of us.

There's NOTHING wrong with offering our unique opinion, but then to continue hammering your opinion as the only reasonable version, is folly. There's nothing wrong with being Politically Correct. At it's core it's meant to be more equitable, fair to all. That's a good thing. What isn't good is abusing the concept of PC, to move a personal agenda, and that's where we find ourselves today.

Today, Political Correctness is used as a cover to manipulate and "get what we want." If you dissent, you will be quickly relegated to titles such as "narrow-minded", "chauvinist", "un-American", or worse "bigot." The situation has become impossible. Unless one is willing to continue to beat your head against the wall , it may be a healtheir course to strive more toward acceptance/inclusion, when possible.

That's it for me. I'm going to get a cup of coffee, and wait for the onslaught of criticism that is most certainly headed my way. After all, those folks have the only, really, valid opinions - right? Jack
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40501 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2016  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay then, just this once (promise) -

Long Live Chief Wahoo!
Edited by Coinfrog
04/28/2016 5:48 pm
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2016  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack316 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hail to the Chief! Jack
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40501 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2016  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You da man. Oops, you are the man.
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2016  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For instance, a person may idolize the likeness of Dwight Eisenhower on a dollar coin, and also be the loudest voice that Liberty should be the only likeness on our currency.
I resemble that remark.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40501 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2016  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How do you resemble it?

Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2016  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack316 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No offense intended Jbuck. It was meant only as a random example. Jack
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2016  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No problem, jack, I know you did not and you definitely made a good point.

We cannot please everyone. We should just enjoy what makes us happy more and fret over what bothers us less.

So, I will just enjoy my Eisenhower dollars and not worry about who is going be on what.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40501 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2016  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nuts. I was hoping for a dust-up.
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2016  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ha, fat chance!

I was just taking a chance to remind everyone how much I loved Eisenhower dollars.
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05