Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Notes Depicting Scientists!

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
United States
401 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2019  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice notes those 500 kroner, Hahag.
27 years old and still revered as a famous mathematician almost 200 years later! Thanks for posting.
- Dave L
IBNS #9984
http://www.banknoteden.com
Learn More...
United States
80953 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
724 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if this one (P130a) has already been posted here on this thread but having just received it in the mail recently, I figured I could post it now. Galileo wasn't the only one who proposed a heliocentric solar system but back in the day he was probably the most controversial & high profiled scientist (& often in hot water with the Catholic church for not recanting such heresy!)

Edited by walk2dwater
12/06/2019 06:58 am
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
522 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  05:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely 2000 lire walk2dwater
Valued Member
Canada
321 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That note is in excellent condition walk2dwater
Learn More...
United States
80953 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
724 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2019  08:48 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That note is in excellent condition walk2dwater

-thanks "ShareBear"
I have found Italian banknotes somewhat tough to acquire at or below BV in UNC or high grades. This first prefix with the "Carli/Barbarito" (c 1973) signature combo which was the shortest (lasted a mere 3 years) so has some promise as a "gainer" (rather than "loser") in future BV too. I won this auction for about 60% of P103c (the last, least valuable & likely longest signature variety/most hoarded). I'm adding this "footnote" because I truly believe that world banknotes are good value right now (as compared to CDN, US, UK, Aus & NZ or Euro banknotes). I try to cover topics like these in my short videos and on my website: https://sites.google.com/view/notap...culture/home
Always adding commentary on this page:
https://sites.google.com/view/notap...ng-banknotes
Edited by walk2dwater
12/07/2019 08:50 am
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
522 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Grigore Antipa, a Romanian biologist who specialized in the fauna of The Danube Delta, zoology, ecology & oceanography.
He was director of Bucharest Natural History Museum for over 50 years.
Romania 200 Lei (1992)

Learn More...
United States
80953 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
724 Posts
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05