Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your World Radars, Repeaters, & Ladders!

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 116 / Views: 9,540Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
United States
4135 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2016  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've found mine just going through a particular coin shop's bins of foreign notes - they don't seem to notice (let alone price at a premium) "fancy" serial numbers. I think if the price was right, a bulk lot might be a fun way to go, kind of the cuurency equivalent of coin roll hunting. I'd be interested to hear the results if anybody here were to give that a shot.

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
1277 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2016  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How do you look for such serials? Are they advertised as such online, do you search through dealers' stock in person for fancy serials, or do you buy notes in bulk in order to have a chance of finding some fancy serials?

To answer your questions:
1. lots of searching: dealer boxes, eBay, eBid, auctions.
2. some are advertised online
3. yes, I search dealer stock whenever possible
4. no, don't buy notes in bulk
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10446 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2016  02:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tech - that's a really nice Brazilian note (and serial, of course).
Pillar of the Community
Poland
3201 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2016  02:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both for explaining how you find these notes Good luck!
Valued Member
Israel
422 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2016  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Angielczyk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked this radar up when I was working in Ghana in 2002

Pillar of the Community
United States
4135 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2016  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I happened upon this Russian rotator today -

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
696 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2017  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tenbobbit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still have yet to find 1 doing the rounds in circulation here in the UK, a couple of near misses though with this 20 note I got today being the closest

Namibia
38 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2017  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Namnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Namibia
38 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  02:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Namnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
4135 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2017  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That Namibia $10 note with the repeating 3's couldn't be any better an example of a special serial number, considering that C is the third letter of the alphabet. Thanks for sharing!

Colligo ergo sum
Namibia
38 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  02:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Namnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Lucky Cuss

Thank you for your input ... haven't even paid attention to the prefix
Valued Member
Germany
57 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add American Abroad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fancy Bank of England (BOE) Pound notes are hard to come by. In all of the notes I have searched from customers' changing money with us and from new straps being delivered I have only found this note (a repeater). Sometimes the serial numbers jump in a strap of 20 Pound Sterling notes and I can't quite understand the rhyme or reason. The 5's come in sequential order and don't jump like the paper 10 straps or paper 20 straps. Very hard to find Pound fancy serial numbers. At least from my experience.
aEpTm4s1-DU
Valued Member
Germany
57 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  01:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add American Abroad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since we are sharing I also have this nice Croatian Radar note. The design of Croatian money to me has a Deutsche Mark feel to it. Croatian money is popular to sell to Germans who want to get out of grouchy / crappy weather Germany and enjoy the beautiful weather, friendly people, great prices, and awesome beaches. The 20 Kuna notes that get delivered are always crisp and uncirculated and I look for the fancies and put them to the side to purchase. So far I have only found two radars.
yDmXfFxPQ-A
Namibia
38 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  02:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Namnumis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@American Abroad

Nice notes ... thanks for sharing ...
Valued Member
Germany
57 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2017  06:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add American Abroad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know I have posted this note before on the UK forum, but you don't see a solid serial number everyday. Let alone ''The Devil's Note''. That is what I nicknamed this baby.
t5D0VjNo_b8
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 116 / Views: 9,540Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05