Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your World Radars, Repeaters, & Ladders!

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Valued Member
Canada
493 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Croatia P26 3 digit 50,000 Dinara radar:

Valued Member
United Kingdom
281 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  06:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey walk2dwater, are you actively looking for the radars/repeaters or just getting lucky?
I've only got a couple, sometimes I simply forget that aspect of note collecting
Here is a 'small' radar Chinese fen note

Valued Member
Canada
493 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey walk2dwater, are you actively looking for the radars/repeaters or just getting lucky?

-Actively looking (& buying) -seldom lucky. I've searched over 100,000 CDN banknotes and only occasionally do I get "lucky" with a repeater or a radar. Doing this- gives one healthy respect for how rare these (or even fancy #) notes are. Although I check my foreign currency (when traveling) I don't expect much. I actually found 2 star replacement 1000 Piso notes while in the Philippines, but they had to go back out to the wild (as they were too circulated). These fruitless searches inspire me to hunt for special numbers & purchase them. IMO: UNC examples can be attained for a very reasonable price right now.

Oh: BTW, nice Chinese Fen & radar too!
Edited by walk2dwater
07/18/2019 10:39 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
281 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for replying walk2dwater, you certainly seem to be doing ok so far with serial numbers.
I've found "replacement" notes catching my eye, they can be bought fairly cheap too, Bank of England old 1 & 10 shilling notes are good buys for my budget.
Same with early 1990s Yugoslavian hyperinflation replacements, the ZA prefix. I got a nice Tesla one a while back.
Happy hunting!
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3887 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On finding radars, repeaters, et cetera, one tactic is to seek out stacks of uncirculated obsolete or low face value currency (and I have seen such at coin shows and even in shops more often than you might expect). Then, provided they're in sequential serial number order, you can extrapolate from the topmost note if there ought to be a fancy number contained within. Dealers have let me go down in and pull out the one I want without even applying a premium for the privilege!

Colligo ergo sum
Valued Member
Canada
493 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've found "replacement" notes catching my eye, they can be bought fairly cheap too, Bank of England old 1 & 10 shilling notes are good buys for my budget.

-that's great "Scots"

Quote:
Nice looking examples!

-thanks "Jbuck"

Quote:
Dealers have let me go down in and pull out the one I want without even applying a premium for the privilege!

-Wow: I wouldn't think of doing that. Great tip but not sure I want to pay for a whole bundle.

Dealers have let me go down in and pull out the one I want without even applying a premium for the privilege!

Try to use the principles shown in the video below:

Mq1DlqkPHhE
Pillar of the Community
United States
1082 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the video, walk2dwater.

Here's a rotator. With a radar prefix.

Valued Member
Canada
493 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Very nice! True rotators like that are much harder to come by then collectors realize (IMO). Here's a 2 digit rotator-radar from Sri Lanka:

Pillar of the Community
United States
3887 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Great tip but not sure I want to pay for a whole bundle.

That's not what I meant to imply - what I was saying is that I've gotten to pick the single radar, repeater, whatever note out of the pile and pay just the price apiece for that one.

Colligo ergo sum
Valued Member
Canada
493 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was saying is that I've gotten to pick the single radar, repeater, whatever note out of the pile and pay just the price apiece for that one.

-that's awesome. I cannot imagine such luck (or a dealer allowing me to search a bundle, buy the special number & be left with 99 notes to sell).

I've only been to a few coin shows but the ones I've been to have been very busy (with a mob of people around the bourse tables). I bought some noteholders from a dealer and received a free copy of Canadian Coin News (& thought myself very lucky). I suppose I should ask dealers if I can search their bundles (should I see any with bundles to sell).
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:
Here's a 2 digit rotator-radar from Sri Lanka:
Nice pair!
Valued Member
Canada
493 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2019  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another hyper inflation Columbian 4 digit radar:

Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2019  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This topic and many others like it have been moved to the newly created "Post Your..." Gallery Topics forum. Now all of these are together in one place for easier viewing for fans and those on the run. So if you like this one, check out the others.

http://goccf.com/f/167
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2019  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By popular demand, this topic has been moved back the "World Paper Money and Banknotes" forum.

The "Post Your..." forum will remain for coins only.

We apologize for any discomfort this may have caused.
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05