Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$1 Bill With A Serial # Of 00010000 In My 2016 C & C Set.

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 5,500Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
518 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  08:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eSinger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Steve....
Learn More...
United States
99503 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've addressed questions regarding this note on a thread currently trending on the Coin Talk forum.
Do you mind sharing that information here?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3166 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you mind sharing that information here?

The question was asked, "Does anyone know the cost of slabbing a note ?" In which I answered, "The actual grading fee at PMG is $20 to grade a single, modern note. You also have shipping fees and you need to be a member to submit. Most collectors with a single note to grade take it their local coin shop for assistance. Good luck, cool note."
Learn More...
United States
99503 Posts
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoolBreeze to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To get a note graded by PMG you need to become a member. There are 3 tiers that allow for submissions Associate $25 / Elite $149 / Premium $299 Once you pay for a membership you get a Member/client/submitter #. Next you select the grading tier for each note. The one in this thread is modern 1957 - present $20. You fill out the forms and the "approximate value" for each note- this can be difficult at times. Next you pay for shipping and insurance. So to get this note graded it's $25 cheapest membership, $20 modern grading tier, and $15 shipping/insurance, so $60. You would need to grade more notes to make it worthwhile.
Pillar of the Community
United States
518 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eSinger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, I am not sure being a member is in the cards. I have lots of Kennedy's I would like to send but not bills. If I sell it, I think I will sell as part of the set, and unique set whereas someone could get the group certified if so desired. I think it is worth around $200. A good win for a mint buy but nothing to get super excited about at this stage.

Thank you all for your responses etc..

Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 5,500Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05