Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1955-D LWC Bie Is This Ldb4-1955 D-001?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 597Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3114 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  3:13 pm Show Profile   Check Pete2226's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Pete2226 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
United States
5964 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2016  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinMasters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know the reference to check it Pete, but it looks like a good one!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3114 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2016  05:08 am  Show Profile   Check Pete2226's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pete2226 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My apologies - I should have provided a link. My problem in attributing is that the source does not contain a description of the crack on the skull. The mintmark appears to be in the correct orientation.

Here is the link:
http://cuds-on-coins.com/ldb4-1955d/
Valued Member
United States
354 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2016  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JC Stevens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a match. The coin on COC has a hit ( PSD) on the BIE (Die Chip). Note the Mintmark position is the same on both.

The Die Crack on the head will not show on well circulated coins. I removed this marker on COC.

JC
Edited by JC Stevens
07/23/2016 2:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3114 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2016  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Check Pete2226's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pete2226 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks JC and all!
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 597Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05