Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coins Of India - Bull And Horseman Coins And Some Variants

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
India
14 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Subho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Srieedharji, Thank you for your earlier response. Could you please let me the below 2 coins are also Shamsuddin Iltutmish.? There is a distinct " visharga" on the horseman side after the "Sri hamira " which I did not see in the earlier coins.

India
14 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Subho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an odd shaped Bull and horseman coin, but could find any text. Could this be identified.? Thanks & regards.
Copper/ wt 3.3 gms

Edited by Subho
09/13/2019 1:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
India
1849 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2019  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add drnsreedhar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Subho.
The billon coins are of Iltutmish.Though the condition of them is not promising, sufficient things remain to do a reasonable attribution. Second coin may need a little more deeper look.
"visarga" after "hamira" is very common. Presumably it is due to Sanskrit influence on Sarada script. Some coins may not show this. That in itself is a theme for research!
The last coin does not show any script. Without interpreting what is written, we cannot attribute this variety of coins.Thanks
India
14 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2019  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Subho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you sir. Your guidance has helped me to classify my coins on this truly fascinating topic.
Pillar of the Community
India
1849 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  01:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add drnsreedhar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Subho,
I have an incomplete list of dynasty-wise rulers who have issued Bull and Horseman coins. This needs lots of additions, but might be useful. Thanks.

1 Delhi sultans
Muhammad bin sam
iltutmish
Rukn ud din Firoz
Muiz ud din Bahram
Ala ud din Masud
Sultana Razia
Mahmud bin Muhammad bin Sam
Taj ud din Yildiz
Nasir ud din Mahmud

2 Ghazni
Nasir ud daula Ibrahim
Ala ud daula Masud
Baha ud daula Malik Arsalan
Jamal ud daula Farukhzad
Izz ud daula Abdul Rasheed
Yamin ud daula Bahram
Muiz ud daula Khusrau

3 Sind
Nasir ud din Qubacha
Jalal ud din Minguburnu
Saif ud din Hasan Qurlugh
Khalif Beg

4 Delhi rajputs
Mahipala
Madanapala deva
Someswara deva
Chahata deva
Anangapala deva

5 Kangra
Apurva chandra
Singara chandra
Meghachandra
Harichandra
Trilokachandra
Rupachandra deva

6 Ohind
Samant deva

7 Narwar
Malayavarman
Asala deva
Edited by drnsreedhar
09/17/2019 01:28 am
India
14 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Subho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Sreedharji for sharing this list. I find it fascinating that a theme that has spread across centuries and different dynasties. ( started by samanta deva?). I remember reading in your opening commentary.
Edited by Subho
09/18/2019 2:02 pm
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05